Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to install Wordpress/Website configuration question

Options
  • 10-09-2013 4:10pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I signed up for a domain and subscription yesterday and have been working on getting my new site going (giftsearch.ie).

I've been trying to install Wordpress with mixed results. I tried using the basic installer in the control panel, but that seemed to make it that I had to go to giftsearch.ie/wordpress/ in order to view content. I decided to try and do a manual install, via Filezilla, and using tutorials to do it. Again, mixed results. 

Now, giftsearch.ie is down as reserved, but the changes I'm making via wordpress are only appearing on a weird url (www.*Database number Removed*.cp.blacknight.com/). This URL is actually the one listed under Website Configuration > General's basic setting's name. 

I have a feeling I'm just doing something stupid with the wordpress install, but can't find any help online so thought I'd ask. How do I make it so that when I install wordpress, the changes are made to the root domain name (giftsearch.ie) and not to the weird url? Is it something to do with a setting somewhere that I'm mucking up? Is there a "switch" or something to turn the website on? Sorry in advance if these are basic questions.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey, nevermind. Fired off an email to the support desk last night and they got me fixed up. Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sorry - for some reason I missed this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tony_G

Hey, nevermind. Fired off an email to the support desk last night and they got me fixed up. Thanks anyway :)
    if you need a hand in creating ur page let me know!thanks

Advertisement