Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clifden Sky Drive

Options
  • 10-09-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Ill be headin to Galway next week and ill be heading out to Carraroe one of the days as i first meet my other half there 15 years ago:D, but i was wondering is it worth taking the drive up to Clifden from there and driving the Sky Drive ?
    Another things what is the road like is it in decent shape, as i dont wont to ruin the car,

Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Drove it a number of times during the summer, the view is breathtaking. The quality of the road is fine, so its worth making the detour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ANY OTHER PLACES WORTH SEEING WHILE IM UP THERE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

you could take a spin out to http://kylemoreabbey.com or http://www.connemaranationalpark.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

The Killary up towards Leenane is always worth a visit, as well as the other 2 mentioned up

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

A detour to take in The Renvyle peninsula (up past Kylemore on way to Leenane ) is worthwhile, very scenic area !! If you are returning to Galway city from Kylemore area, the return trip via either the Inagh Valley or Maam Valley routes is a nice drive also ! Enjoy !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ah you left out the most important bit, how did ye meet?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

in the Gaelteach as 14 year olds :D well before mobiles or facebook so lost contact,then bumped into each other randomly in our mid 20's and the rest is history ,

Advertisement