Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal man and payment

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is perhaps a valid reason only that i know who delivered it, the idea that the delivery guy was caught in the middle or had to fork out for it himself is just not the case.

Had I been here I am pretty sure I would have got a, no bother sure throw it up tomorrow....

But instead he decided go down the road of "stupid woman" I am not leaving until I get paid....

As I say, he could always of left and not delivered it... I would have actually have preferred that... Instead of still paying for the coal and have him be a d1ck to my girlfriend for him supposedly doing her a favour....
    You should read that post aloud to yourself just to hear how ridiculously pompous and arrogant it actually sounds.
    The lady ordered a single bag of coal and didn't have the cash. They left the coal and she was allowed pay the following day. What is you problem? You are making a mountain out of nothing. As for the "we are big buyers from them and I could hurt them by shopping elsewhere " then do it and see who loses out most!
    You have no grievance, you have no consumer issue.
    The macho "standing up for my woman" went out with the ark. Face it, she was given good service and you have no complaint other than it looked bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

You should read that post aloud to yourself just to hear how ridiculously pompous and arrogant it actually sounds.
    The lady ordered a single bag of coal and didn't have the cash. They left the coal and she was allowed pay the following day. What is you problem? You are making a mountain out of nothing. As for the "we are big buyers from them and I could hurt them by shopping elsewhere " then do it and see who loses out most!
    You have no grievance, you have no consumer issue.
    The macho "standing up for my woman" went out with the ark. Face it, she was given good service and you have no complaint other than it looked bad.

I have read it, perhaps I just under estimate how backward Ireland can be, perhaps I am just used to dealing with people who actually want my business....

I could honestly not care less if it was a bag if coal or a bag of crisps...
    Had they not of delivered it I would have been happy with that.... Just went sorry we cannot do that and left it at that....

Not being able to make payment on the delivery therefore makes it ok for a distributer to be an @rsehole about it??

Also you are putting words in my mouth, I am simply making the point that I shop there.... And its not a place that did not know who they were delivering too.

I think regardless the customer should be treated with respect.

If indeed you wish to retain their custom....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

This is perhaps a valid reason only that i know who delivered it, the idea that the delivery guy was caught in the middle or had to fork out for it himself is just not the case.

Had I been here I am pretty sure I would have got a, no bother sure throw it up tomorrow....

But instead he decided go down the road of "stupid woman" I am not leaving until I get paid....

As I say, he could always of left and not delivered it... I would have actually have preferred that... Instead of still paying for the coal and have him be a d1ck to my girlfriend for him supposedly doing her a favour....

i think you should print out this thread and hand it over with your payment tomorrow, just so they will know not to fcuk with you...

Payment was made this morning you obviously have difficulty reading....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

the coal guy did not want to do this and stood for 10 mins explaining how he needs the cash
    it was the 15 minute stand off outside the house ...

See what I mean about exaggerations?

So the whole ordeal probably lasted 5 minutes. Bless your gf...and not for having to deal with the coal man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Op ,are there any other local business's that you do not use , because they have messed you around in the past .?

Just wondering ..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seems like the delivery guy was damned if he did, damned if he didn't in this circumstance.

Wood < ---- > Trees.

goz83 wrote: »
    See what I mean about exaggerations?

So the whole ordeal probably lasted 5 minutes. Bless your gf...and not for having to deal with the coal man.

Lol if you actually read my post Colombo I said he spent 10 mins at the door, and another 10 mins in the truck with the other delivery guy deciding what to do...

My exaggeration actually shortened the time by about 5 minutes....
    My gf probably exaggerated the whole time frame, however it was still long enough for a neighbour to give up on waiting and tell the guy to move his truck....

I think this thread has been blown out of proportion...
    I was not there I cannot say for sure what was said or not said or exactly how many minutes the guy stood there, regardless of how hormonal my gf might be standing arguing with a pregnant woman outside her home shows little tact and ultimately will do the business no favours....
    As I said we are from a small town and stories rarely need any facts..

I said earlier I had already paid the fee, my gf felt embarrassed, you might tell me to tell her to wise up....
    But ultimately the COOP loses out, not by me being an @rsehole saying I will never shop there again, but probably more that my gf was made feel embarrassed and not wanting to shop there.....

Op ,are there any other local business's that you do not use , because they have messed you around in the past .?

Just wondering ..

No, well a restaurant once amazed me at home.... Girl comes out takes me and gf order....

I little time later waitress comes over with our main course, me and gf look at each other and say hmmm we never got our starter???

She goes oh sorry and goes back into the kitchen, I then hear some arguing and the original waitress lands out demanding to know why we are trying to get her in trouble...

Granted I think she was a little nuts, and I went back after that as the food was nice, I do not think she worked there too long anyways...

You certainly have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I think that happened because of your initial post. :D
    But ultimately the COOP loses out, not by me being an @rsehole saying I will never shop there again.

No, it's probably that reason alright. :rolleyes:

Sometimes, it's better not to serve a customer than to have to put up with an attitude like yours. Some business is just not worth the hassle. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭TommiesTank

An I the only one who doesn't understand the relevance of the wife being pregnant?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

An I the only one who doesn't understand the relevance of the wife being pregnant?

It adds to the faux drama. The same as exaggerating the time they were all in a standoff.

I pity the OP if he ever has to deal with a real problem in life. He seems incapable of even acknowledging that someone did him a FAVOUR! Imagine if someone had genuinely wronged him - his head would probably explode with anger.

Jesus Christ... What favour??? The coal was delivered payment has been made..

My initial comment was could I leave it back??? As this so called favour was begrudged, I did not want it. Someone already commented saying I cannot leave it back unless I find fault with it...

Had I been there I would have explained the situation, if he said I really need payment or tried to get into some debate about it I would have said sorry for the inconvenience and told him not to bother...

The idea that some how he done me a solid is laughable.....

I am annoyed that he engaged in the argument.... That ultimately served no propose but to embarrass...

And ultimately I paid for this...

As for dealing with real life problems, I may have vented on here a bit and come across as being a d1ck more so that I have backed myself into a corner...

But you to sir are a <SNIP> so I appear to be in good company ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This thread has outlived its useful life and it's starting to get ugly. I'm shutting it down.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement