Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is IOS7 being released today??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I was installing the GM just there and when the update finished on iTunes and ejected my iPhone & it to complete the update when the iPhone reappears in iTunes, it stated iTunes 11.1 is needed to finish the update.

My phone is fine working away here & I am not sure if the GM did install & that iTunes just cannot read my phone on the latest update.

There is an iTunes 11.1 beta available in the dev center...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

guil wrote: »
    If you have an iCloud backup you should be able to reset all content and settings and restore with iCloud. As a matter of interest what link did you use

https://mega.co.nz/#!sJlUmK4Q!IPnV_lZYMpS2fvnw3rT2-zN7Up5ImppHv7uz5IzqRWo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So you can install the GM from iTunes 11.0.5, but once you do you won't be able to sync/backup your phone until iTunes 11.1 is released?

We have a work dev account so I can get 11.1 beta but TBH if nobody is reporting any difference from iOS7 Beta 6 then I'm not sure I'm bothered.

Would rather be able to sync without any hassle.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm trying to install the ipsw and it's telling me the firmware file is not compatible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

eeloe wrote: »
    I'm trying to install the ipsw and it's telling me the firmware file is not compatible?

Did you download the correct version ? Do you have the latest beta installed ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Silly question but did you download the right one?

Did you download the correct version ? Do you have the latest beta installed ?

You don't need the latest iTunes beta to install it. You just can't sync afterwards.

Nope, I being the fool that i am spent 9 hours downloading the wrong IPSW...FML!

I need 1429's build don't i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Nope, I being the fool that i am spent 9 hours downloading the wrong IPSW...FML!

I need 1429's build don't i?

Probably. It says on the back of your iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I have installed the iTunes 11.1 beta and installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. When I launch iTunes now I get an error "unable to load data class information from Sync Services". And I'm unable to do any backups via iTunes they just fail. I tried following this http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627 but it didn't do any good.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Or am I stuck with now until the official release of iTunes 11.1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Brian017 wrote: »
    I have installed the iTunes 11.1 beta and installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. When I launch iTunes now I get an error "unable to load data class information from Sync Services". And I'm unable to do any backups via iTunes they just fail. I tried following this http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627 but it didn't do any good.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Or am I stuck with now until the official release of iTunes 11.1?

Yes you're stuck. You can do iCloud backups without any problems, but iTunes 11.0 is not compatible with iOS 7.
    Once 11.1 is released you'll be good to sync/backup with iTunes again.

(i'm in the same boat) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I've downloaded the ipsw file but when it tries to restore I get an error.

Any ideas?

What version of the ipsw file have you got? If it's iPhone 5,1_7.0 then it's the incorrect version. You need the iphone 5,2_7.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Put it on there, jesus it really demolishes battery doesnt it, down 9% in less than a half hour :eek: might just roll it back to ios6, running it on an 4s I imagine the 5 will run it better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

You've probably been flat out playing with the new OS, hence why the battery drop has increased?

I haven't been playing with it 'that' much since installation, and it's an absolute DOG on the battery!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Where can you get 11.1 Beta of iTunes?

I've downloaded the ipsw file but when it tries to restore I get an error.

Any ideas?

What error are you getting. I kept getting 3194 so tried a DFU restore. Came up 1601 so I switched USB ports and it worked fine

LFCFan wrote: »
    Where can you get 11.1 Beta of iTunes?

If you have Windows - then you can't. It's not available yet.
    There is a beta version out there in Internet land for Mac.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Mr Velo wrote: »
    If you have Windows - then you can't. It's not available yet.
    There is a beta version out there in Internet land for Mac.

I have a Mac but haven't been able to find the beta download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

This should do it for you, link for iTunes 11.1 beta :D

http://gdeluxe.com/ios-7-download/

You can get it here: http://www.jailbreakiosx.com/download-ios-7-gm-11a465-firmware/

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Thanks for the windows link

Advertisement