Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Payment Fee

• 10-09-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just about to start 4th year. I don't have the funds to pay my fees and I don't qualify for a grant. I am, however, starting a new part-time job next week so I am hoping to save 2600euro over the next couple of months in order to pay my fees.

I have read that UCC penalise for late payment - up to a maximum of 350euro.

Is this actually enforced ? Or can I just pay the the 2600 in a couple of months without the penalty ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 mickyboy

As far as I can remember, you have to produce a receipt of payment or successful grant application at registration. I think the €350 late payment is for the second installment in January. I would suggest going into the finance office or the students union immediately to find out what your options are. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Contact the Fees Office to arrange a payment plan - they'll agree a set regular payment with you, and hopefully that will take pressure off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

I didn't pay a penny last year till April.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Michael..

Did they change you a late payment fee ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

From the website: http://www.ucc.ie/en/financeoffice/fees/howmuch/

EU Undergraduate Fees - Ongoing Students
    Instructions for the payment of EU Undergraduate fees (eligible for free tuition fees) – Ongoing students.

Students must pay the appropriate fee by the due date to ensure your registration is complete.  Students have the facility of paying their fee in two instalments.   The first instalment is €1,410 and the balance of €1,250 is due in January 2014.  Liability for fees rests with the student for the duration of their course.   Students who pay their fees after the due date will be liable for late fees: -
    http://www.ucc.ie/en/financeoffice/fees/debtor/

Students with outstanding fees will not receive details of examinations, examinations results and will not be allowed to progress to the next year of their studies.  Under no circumstances is a student allowed to graduate until all fees have been discharged to the University.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Michael.. wrote: »
    Did they change you a late payment fee ??
    They didn't. They wouldn't tell me where my exams were on till I paid.

Advertisement