Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scrap cable

Options
  • 10-09-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

hey

i've a load of offcuts 16, 25 etc

is it worth stripping them and selling for scrap

any idea what it's worth now?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Depends how much you have, most places will take it in either form, stripped or un-stripped.
    Best to ring around and see who is offering the best price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

ok thanks

i thought it was better to strip it no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

In general it would be but we scrapped about 250m of 90sq recently,first load was about 50 meters and we didn't get much less for it unstripped than we did for the second load which was stripped. As mentioned,ring around and get prices for stripped and not stripped and then decide if its worth the time to strip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

copper cable is worth a good bit more stripped down to the bare copper,its generally around 4-5 euro a kg,think galway metal are buying it at 4 euro a kg at the moment and heard athlone were around 4.50.

ill take it off your hand if you want rid of it :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

1.50 to 2.50 a kg unstriped 3.50 to 4.50 kg striped average prices you may get more or less depends on quanity

they pay less for swa than pvc/pvc because of the steel so always strip if you can they will buy the steel as well but it worth ever little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 smiggy

if you are interested in selling your scrap cable i will give you a good price for it

Advertisement