Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Extensions Problem

Options
  • 10-09-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I got a full head of micro ring extensions on Saturday and three pieces have fallen out already.
    I have had this type before and about 5 fell oit over the duration I had them.

I contacted the girl and she said she would put them back in but I am only back where I got them every two weeks so it's not convenient for me to be spending my time with her fixing them.

I just think a bad job has been done as they shouldn't fall out this soon.

I have told her I want a refund if more fall out. The third one fell out today and I text her. No reply.

What's my next port of call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

:eek:

She knows you're looking for a refund now that another one has fallen out. Did you expect her to ring you back? You have to call and give her a chance to fix the issue. Demanding a refund like this is (imo) a bit premature; especially because you mentioned that it's inconvenient for you. It is not the ladies fault that you are only around once a fortnight. Give her a chance before you stamp your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

goz83 wrote: »
    :eek:

She knows you're looking for a refund now that another one has fallen out. Did you expect her to ring you back? You have to call and give her a chance to fix the issue. Demanding a refund like this is (imo) a bit premature; especially because you mentioned that it's inconvenient for you. It is not the ladies fault that you are only around once a fortnight. Give her a chance before you stamp your feet.

I'm not stamping my feet. I know from previous experience that this should not be happening so soon after them going in.
    She is contacting the suppliers tomorrow... I think it's the way they were put in that's the issue.

Edit: there goes number 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Has this person done them for you before or is this your first time with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Misticles wrote: »
    I got a full head of micro ring extensions on Saturday and three pieces have fallen out already.

I contacted the girl and she said she would put them back in but I am only back where I got them every two weeks so it's not convenient for me to be spending my time with her fixing them.

I have told her I want a refund if more fall out. The third one fell out today and I text her. No reply.

That's the problem when you buy things far away. If something goes wrong it cost you money to get to the supplier to rectify the issue. She has 3 options to give you, Refund/Repair/Replace. She's offered you repair and you want refund, the fact she's offering repair and you're refusing it will go against you if you go to the SCC. It's not her fault you can't get to her easily

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Look at it from her point of view, you just rang and said its defective and you want a refund.

At least give her a chance to rectify the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Look at it from her point of view, you just rang and said its defective and you want a refund.

At least give her a chance to rectify the problem.

7 have fallen out at this Stage.
    I don't want her to put them back in as clearly the job was badly done initially.

She is now saying it's because or thin hair or hait growth. I don't buy that as they were only done on Saturday. I've had this type before and never had such a loss over the time I had them, let alone after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

7 have fallen out at this Stage.
    I don't want her to put them back in as clearly the job was badly done initially.

She is now saying it's because or thin hair or hait growth. I don't buy that as they were only done on Saturday. I've had this type before and never had such a loss over the time I had them, let alone after a few days.

While I appreciate what you are saying, I don't think your going to get far without going back and letting her see the problem.

Someone could get hair extensions that have no problem with them and say they want their money back because they are falling out.

You living far away is not the vendors problem.

Advertisement