Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loggingserver

Options
  • 10-09-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

i have this small problem, well not really a problem just a hindrance. When i start my PC the dialog box below always appears minimized, maximized it looks like:
    http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/francis553/Snap1_zps4e71c711.jpg

I searched the AVG forums and found that this is part of AVG Secure Search, as noted here:
    http://avg-pkb.force.com/kb/articles/How_to/Is-the-process-loggingserver-exe-safe

The thing is I removed AVG from my PC (fed up that it was a resource hog, i installed MSE) over a week ago and also ran the AVG Uninstall Tool, so does anyone know how to stop or remove this dialog box?

I asked on the AVG forums, but have not had a reply.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Can you post a screenshot of the maximised dialog box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Torqay wrote: »
    Can you post a screenshot of the maximised dialog box?

that's as big as it would maximize, i can't even drag the dialog borders to make it bigger.

if you mean is their more information in the scroll box, there's not, all that's under "exception offset" is 2 links "search online for a solution" and "Microsoft privacy statement".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Anything in the window title bar? That's why I was asking for a screenshot.

Torqay wrote: »
    Anything in the window title bar? That's why I was asking for a screenshot.

nothing.

have solved this, AVG got back to me a couple days ago. When I uninstalled AVG (and even ran there uninstall tool), it did not remove "AVG Secure Search", and because Secure Search could no longer communicate with AVG (as i'd removed it) it threw up that dialog box.

So i removed AVG Secure Search, and no dialog box now appears.

• Advertisement
Advertisement