Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge cheque written in married name, account in maiden name

Options
  • 10-09-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I recently asked my friend to lodge a cheque which arrived in the post for me into my BOI account. The cheque is made out to my new married name and my account is in my maiden name. The bank would not lodge the cheque because of this and asked to see a marriage certificate. I currently live in the United States and will not be back to Ireland in the foreseeable future. If I send my friend a copy of my marriage certificate will she then be able to lodge the cheque into my account? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi jclooney2000,

In this instance you would be best to call your branch and explain your situation. A representative can advise the best way to lodge the cheque to your account.

You can find the contact details of your branch here.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement