Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kidd single stage trigger

Options
  • 10-09-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi their lads.
    I'm in a Massive hurry looking For a KIDD single stage trigger for next weekend!!!!

I will travel to receive the trigger if you have 1 going.
    I will pay up front as well
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I think Harbour House Shooting have them.

Failing that, you could do a lightening job on the stock trigger, it doesn't take more than a couple of hours all in. I've just done a job on mine and I'm fairly happy with it.

Bw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    I think Harbour House Shooting have them.

Failing that, you could do a lightening job on the stock trigger, it doesn't take more than a couple of hours all in. I've just done a job on mine and I'm fairly happy with it.

Bw

Good but never as good as a custom trigger replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭adrian5765

There's a company in the UK valmont I think do the timney single stage for 170 sterling not sure about sending to Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

clivej wrote: »
    Good but never as good as a custom trigger replacement

I agree that it won't perform as good but that doesn't mean it won't be good enough or even excellent.
    There is also the cost difference, I think a Kidd trigger is around the €300 mark in Ireland (I may be wrong on that but it's certainly well over €200), doing it yourself will cost about €10 for a few sheets of wet and dry and some polishing compound and then a bit of time for the work.

Also, the OP says he wants it fast, doing it yourself would most likely be the quickest way to a decent trigger.

After that, if you're still not happy with it then you can go and get the drop in trigger unit, all you've lost is the €10 and you also have a very good understanding of how your gun works.

Bw

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

I've a Kidd single stage trigger and it cost €320. It's a lot of money for a trigger but its well worth the money. Just a word of warning on doing a job on your trigger. I did a job on my old trigger and it improved the overall performance. BUT after about 1000 rounds the gun went from a semi auto to a full auto so you might be playing Russian roulette with your rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Well i just rang rude fat dog and they only have the 2 stage trigger in stock and the single stages wont be in until 6 weeks. So if any 1 has a 2 stage trigger that they wish to sell please PM me.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Roundpack

Roundpack wrote: »

Spoke to them last night, no luck until the next 7-8 weeks

Well i just rang rude fat dog and they only have the 2 stage trigger in stock and the single stages wont be in until 6 weeks. So if any 1 has a 2 stage trigger that they wish to sell please PM me.
    Thank you.

For what it's worth get the single stage trigger IMO it's the better option.

Harbour House comp this Saturday and Lough Bo is on the 28th. Both well worth attending.

For what it's worth get the single stage trigger IMO it's the better option.

Harbour House comp this Saturday and Lough Bo is on the 28th. Both well worth attending.

Dono if i can make it to HH this saterday but i will be at lough bo for sure.
    Just also wondering if the timney single stage trigger be any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Just also wondering if the timney single stage trigger be any good?

Does Timney make anything bad?

My first instinct is always to get a Timney.

I like Kidd's stuff too. Their advantage being they make everything. It is always nice to have the whole lot made by the one manufacturer.

Just sold a Timney a few weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭adrian5765

the write ups and reviews are all good cost cheaper too....

FISMA wrote: »
    Does Timney make anything bad?

My first instinct is always to get a Timney.

I like Kidd's stuff too. Their advantage being they make everything. It is always nice to have the whole lot made by the one manufacturer.

Just sold a Timney a few weeks ago...

So would i be better off getting the timney 2.3/4 pound for the time beeing and get a kidd once they are abaible?

So would i be better off getting the timney 2.3/4 pound for the time beeing and get a kidd once they are abaible?

Not in my option

Not in my option

So what would consider clive

So what would consider clive

I had the two stage Kidd and swooped it out for the single stage.
    I'm finding the single stage that little better for the gallery shooting comps.

I know shooters on the line with the Kidd two stage triggers and they shoot well but having used both the single is for me.

You'd have to try each out to know which you would like the best.

Goto the rimfirecentral.com Ruger 10/22 forums where you can read all about the Kidd products over every other custom trigger. They don't cost €325 for no good reason

Thanks clive, i've decided to buy the 2 stage trigger and swap it once the single comes back in stock. Is £320 about right as i'm looking at rudefatdog and noticing its a lot higher priced than the single stage?

Thanks clive, i've decided to buy the 2 stage trigger and swap it once the single comes back in stock. Is £320 about right as i'm looking at rudefatdog and noticing its a lot higher priced than the single stage?

Why not go the other way and get the single stage and if you find the two stage better, by shooting a 10/22 with a two stage, buy that later on.

Buy once. It may not be in stock now but worth waiting for.

That is the correct price.

Or if you know someone in the US get them to send it to you from Kidd direct.

Why not go the other way and get the single stage and if you find the two stage better, by shooting a 10/22 with a two stage, buy that later on.

Buy once. It may not be in stock now but worth waiting for.

That is the correct price.

Or if you know someone in the US get them to send it to you from Kidd direct.

Ya i would get the single stage but sadly no one has them in right now, rude fat dog has a 2 stage in and i have my order sent in. In general i prefer the single stage but the 2 stage is still great to shoot so i'll get by for the next month or two with the 2 stage :) thanks for the help Clive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

To be honest, I have not tried the Timney 10/22. Given that Clive is winning competitions and has experience with the Kidd, his experience trumps my theory.

The benefit of the Kidd is that they make all of the parts for the 10/22. I always prefer to match parts, like scope, rings, and mount, for example.

If I could afford Timney's on all of my rifles, I would do it tomorrow. Until I can, the hunting and target rifles get the Timneys.

I will probably be doing a trigger on my 10/22 this Fall. I know it will only be a trigger, so I will probably get the Timney.

However, some day I plan on getting that Superformance from Kidd.

Don't know.

If you have to have it right away, then maybe. But if you can wait, best to do so.

You never know, you just might find that you like the Timney better. They are close in price though in the States.

• Advertisement

FISMA wrote: »
    To be honest, I have not tried the Timney 10/22. Given that Clive is winning competitions and has experience with the Kidd, his experience trumps my theory.

The benefit of the Kidd is that they make all of the parts for the 10/22. I always prefer to match parts, like scope, rings, and mount, for example.

If I could afford Timney's on all of my rifles, I would do it tomorrow. Until I can, the hunting and target rifles get the Timneys.

I will probably be doing a trigger on my 10/22 this Fall. I know it will only be a trigger, so I will probably get the Timney.

However, some day I plan on getting that Superformance from Kidd.

Don't know.

If you have to have it right away, then maybe. But if you can wait, best to do so.

You never know, you just might find that you like the Timney better. They are close in price though in the States.

Well it's too late for the timney now i'm afraid but i will have my 2 stage trigger on saterday or monday so i can not complain :) but also once the single stage triggers come in the 2 stage will be up for sale :)

Look what came i the post today :)
    I have to say i love the feel of this trigger and i i might just keep it, will be breaking in on friday :) thanks to all the lads :)

Advertisement