Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish essays

• 10-09-2013 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Does anybody have a good essay for polaiocht in eireann or even vocab? Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tallemma, looking back at the last few days, I see a constant stream of posts (many now deleted by my fellow moderators) begging for notes etc. on topics as diverse as Macbeth, Lucy Gault, Casablanca, Sive, Irish, French ... the list goes on.

While it's not unusual for people to ask for help on specific things occasionally, and people are usually helpful, the purpose of this forum is not to get others to do your work for you ... and the volume of requests is suggesting that mindset at this stage tbh.

It might also be helpful to ask yourself what you are offering others in return; e.g. a post such as "I would be grateful if anyone has some good notes on __________ which they might be prepared to share; I have prepared some detailed notes on __________ which might be useful to you in return" is likely to get a far more positive response than constant one-way requests.

You might also consider that making your own notes on the various topics is a lot more likely to result in you learning / retaining material rather than simply utilising notes from other people.

R.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement