Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

btea

Options
  • 10-09-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My partner works fulltime and i'm a student full time. Ive just been informed that i will be getting btea based on my partners income, we have 1 child. Does any 1 know how the rate will be calculated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

You will get the same amount as you were getting just before you went to college. Last year they gave the higher rate if you were on a reduced rate, but that has stopped, so now you just get whatever you were getting.

I take it you are on a payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Erin24

I was on jobseekers allowance but as my partner is now in full time employment I am no longer claiming this. I got a letter in the post saying I was granted btea and they gave me a form for my partners employer to fill in. So I'm assuming they are now going to means test my claim?? Have you heard of this before??

Advertisement