Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win7 64 Pro Reinstallation Disc

• 10-09-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I've just recieved a copy of Win7 64 Pro from PCFritz at 19.99ppp.

On opening the package there is what appears to be a genuine Dell Reinstallation DVD accompaynied by a printed card that has the microsoft product key stuck on it.

As I understand it as I have the product key I should be able you use the disc with no problems on my new (non dell) custom build one time only. Before I embark on this though I just thought I'd ask if there are any pitfalls that I need to avoid?

I'm assuming that many people have purchased these and I haven't seen any negative comments so fingers crossed!

For anybody who is waiting for their package, here is google translation of what the card says.

Side 1
    The Product key guarantees that it is an original program from Microsoft.

The serial number is only valid for this microsoft product and protects the software against copyright infringement and unauthorized duplication

After the installation process you are prompted to activate Windows using the supplied serial number

Side2
    Activate over the phone

1 If Windows can not be activated online, you can active Windows Center via the telephone system

2 Enable use of the open windows:
    Start button, right-click Computer
    > click Properties> activate Windows / Productkey other

3 Enter the product key for Windows, and then click Next

4 Click Use the automated phone system

5 Choose from the drop-down list your country

6 Choose one of the phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation

7 Follow the instructions on the screen

8 To the question: installation Number of hosts -> enter 1 This ensures that you install the key on only one computer

9 Type the confirmation ID in the empty space under step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next and follow the instructions

10th If activation is not successful, you stay on the line until you are transferred to a customer service representative who can help you

11. Your system is now successfully activated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Didnt buy from that website but did got the same dell oem copy of windows, downloaded the iso off digital river and installed off the usb, didnt use the accompanying cd at all

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bungo63

May have a problem. See my other post under Negative Scanning PC.

Following a seemingly successful installation - but with no prompt for product key, windows doesn't see my HDD (only my SSD and CD) and following updates to my USB drivers, none of my USB ports when windows starts.

HELP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bungo63

Problem solved using PS2 Mouse. Phew!
    Luckily I have a PS2 port on my mobo and we have lots of old PS mice in work!

Advertisement