Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fit new hot water cylinder

Options
  • 10-09-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi!
    Any comments on this quote to replace existing faulty hot water cylinder, 200 litre copper twin-coil with a hole in the coil?
    Thanks!

New 300 l triple coil solar cylinder - stainless steel - 800
    Piping & plumbing connections - 140
    Labour - 200

Total - 1140

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Sounds a lot but if it a registered plumber with his own insurance and vat receipt its good

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cfl1

Manuel wrote: »
    Hi!
    Any comments on this quote to replace existing faulty hot water cylinder, 200 litre copper twin-coil with a hole in the coil?
    Thanks!

New 300 l triple coil solar cylinder - stainless steel - 800
    Piping & plumbing connections - 140
    Labour - 200

Total - 1140

A standard twin coil copper cylinder should suffice unless you are getting a pressurised hot water system, this would be a lot cheaper otherwise the fittings and labour costs look reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

I need to go triple coil as I already have a solid-fuel stove connected, and I want to take this opportunity to prepare for future solar panels also.

I wanted to pay less for a copper triple coil, but the long warranty available with the stainless steel convinced me to go for it instead.

/M.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Replaced a 36" x 16" Copper Cylinder there recently.

Got a Dual Coil Stainless Steel replacement, including immersion for €450 because I may have future use for a second coil. Not sure of the capacity but it would be somewhere around the 140 litre mark I would think.

Got it fitted for very little and there was pipe realignment. Granted my tank is a lot smaller, but I think you paid a lot for labour

Advertisement