Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington DC September/October

Options
  • 11-09-2013 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,
    Just a quick question really as I can't find this info on the net. I'm traveling to dc on 27th of September til 2nd of October and just wondering what the weather is like at that time of year. I'm hoping to just being shorts/t shirts but will it be too cold?
    Any reply would be great. Also, is Georgetown worth visiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Its quiet warm around then. I was there in October a few years ago and it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

it's still quite warm late september - low/mid 20's. Georgetown is worth a visit in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Haven't been to DC at that time but just thought I'd post that if you're into politics/news/history that www.newseum.org is a brilliant museum, dedicated to newspapers and news.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

superoil wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just a quick question really as I can't find this info on the net. I'm traveling to dc on 27th of September til 2nd of October and just wondering what the weather is like at that time of year. I'm hoping to just being shorts/t shirts but will it be too cold?
    Any reply would be great. Also, is Georgetown worth visiting?

It can be warm, but the evenings can also get quite cool, so you might want to account for that.

Otherwise, it's a great city. Well worth a visit IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Changeble. Bring layers.

Shorts would be okay but maybe not sandals. It could be wet too.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Was in DC about 2mths ago, all I can say to you is that the place is amazing!...loved it there. So much to do and see, I would say enjoy yourself but there is no way you can`t........................

PS..do not go to ben`s chilli bowl, the place is well to put it nice, a dump!........

safe journey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was there first week in October last year and it was very pleasant. T-shirt weather during the day and a light jumper in the evenings if you're outdoors but just walking to a bar or restaurant I could have gotten away without one.

Bring comfortable shoes though. We spent a day seeing the sites around the Mall and probably walked about 10 miles in the day!

Advertisement