Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America's Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Its on sky sports 2 as well if you can find a feed for it or know someone with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Aw crap, is coverage breaking down for everyone, or is it just that my mobile wifi can't cope???

I'd say the feed is being overloaded HH, we can give you commentary here to supplement it

It doesn't seem to be on sky go either, I just checked it.

ENTZ have port entry and Grant Davies is on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

MMMM PHLEGM on the mic.

Have to say, the mic feeds have been brilliant :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm getting three or four seconds every minute :mad:

Hadn't even occurred to me that the streaming wouldn't work - I've even bought extra data especially for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Come on the kiwis!

Right, predictions based on start

I'm going with oracle to retain the cup

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Right, predictions based on start

I'm going with oracle to retain the cup

Did you see that skid at the first mark?

I'm 50/50 Oracle faster now though

Who got the start??? I'm torn between relying on you lot to do commentary for me, and waiting till i get home and watching it then on replay......

Who got the start??? I'm torn between relying on you lot to do commentary for me, and waiting till i get home and watching it then on replay......

Oracle but ENTZ almost caught them, ENTZ kept the overlap and Oracle had a slight skid at the first mark, ENTZ first around the first mark

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you see that skid at the first mark?

I'm 50/50 Oracle faster now though

Oh I saw it alright :P

Thing is, oracle are faster and NZ choke every. single. time.

• Advertisement

Don't let them split the course this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Kiwis have been rubbish at the starts. Really slow off the line with no acceleration they got lucky at the mark and the yanks seem to have better speed.

dloob wrote: »
    Don't let them split the course this time.

Aw jeez they split and Oracle now ahead, but down a tack

Jeepers this is like cat and mouse

It's crashed on me :mad:

I'm going to go away and watch it when I get home, and catch up on here at the same time.

aaaaaaaaaargh :mad::mad::mad:

Aw jeez they split and Oracle now ahead, but down a tack

NZs tacking has been incredibly slow compared to oracle

Kiwis on starboard dont **** this up

Over 100,000 watching - no wonder the stream is struggling! Or is that the way it works?? :confused:

America ahead on the upwind, looks over if the previous races are anything to go by

Oracle seem to be building a bit of a steady lead :(

• Advertisement

keep the commentary coming, guys - i've changed my mind! Can't resist!!!

Is it a done deal?

Do the kiwis deserve to win this? 8 races up and theyve practically thrown it at this stage

Over 100,000 watching - no wonder the stream is struggling! Or is that the way it works?? :confused:

Yes :) too many people trying to access it at the same time.

Oracle now 162m ahead on leg three

Oracle now 162m ahead on leg three

Oh FFS!

Once Oracle go around the windward in first its over unless they make a BIG mistake

Constantly building their lead

keep the commentary coming, guys - i've changed my mind! Can't resist!!!

Is it a done deal?

140m in it half way up to mark 3

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    140m in it half way up to mark 3

Now up to about 230 m

VinLieger wrote: »
    Once Oracle go around the windward in first its over unless they make a BIG mistake

Yep and lead will get bigger to

VinLieger wrote: »

It's not over unless they make a big mistake AND NZ get the finger out and exploit the mistake! Which they never seem to do!!!

Well at least in 4 years for the next cup we can watch it after dinner and not some ungodly hour in the early morning before breakfast

Gutted for NZ, have never seen someone so actively throw a competition away, whatever about Oracle being faster NZ tactics have been questionable at best the last few days, specifically during the starts.
    They kept giving away windward advantage which you can only do if you have speed which they haven't had for a week

• Advertisement

This is the sailing equivilant of liverpool winning the champions league few years ago.

Course split, and ENTZ 26 secs behind, lead 500 metres to Oracle

where are they on the course?

Oracle halfway down leg four, ENTZ 600 metres behind so only a few mins left.

Approaching mark 4 then round up and into finish

About halfway to 2nd leeward, Oracle at least 500 metres ahead

Oracle rounding leeward now

Not even close oracle is several kts faster

And it's over, congrats to Oracle, what a comeback!

Very dissappointed for ENTZ :(

**** sake tnz lost another 10 seconds on that leg

• Advertisement

Bang

Awww jaysus, that'll be a long flight home for them :mad:

HOW did they manage to lose it???

Awww jaysus, that'll be a long flight home for them :mad:

HOW did they manage to lose it???

Speed and tactics on the windward legs? There was an article in the NZ Herald this morning where they talked about how Oracle just got faster.

Given the significant difference in the average age of the crew, would stamina also have been a factor with such a long regatta?

I guess Jimmy Spithill and crew are in for a big payday!

All of new zealand must have come off youtube my pictures after going back to normal when the race ended

Did he just say the comeback of 2014?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hard to believe they could turn things around from where they were 7 days ago. Unlucky for NZL

Can't believe I gave O2 good money to watch this, and all I got was barcodes and fuzz :mad:

Oh well, I suppose I was spared the look on the poor Kiwis' faces and the jubliation of the Yanks (Aussies/Brit)

Obviously Larry sold some of the souls of his employees to satan in some kind of deal to win.

Did he just say the comeback of 2014?

YUP

God love Dean Barker, about to be interviewed.

• Advertisement

Im surprised larry ellison didnt put himself on the crew especially for today not like larry to let an ego inflation go amiss

Advertisement