Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snap on tool dealer sligo

Options
  • 11-09-2013 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was wondering does anybody know the snap on tool dealer in the Sligo Leitrim area, I need a new tool box and want something snap on or same kind of quality? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

I wouldn't bother with Snap-On, over priced IMO.

There was a guy with a Snap-On franchise van, he used to call to all the garages in Carraroe on a Monday lunch time if I remember correctly. I dont know his name or number any longer im afraid but if you call into one of the garages out there they'll be able to give you his details..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cortooncowboy

Thanks but do you know of any box that's as good on quality but not price?? I work on heavy plant so toolbox gets a lot of abuse?!!

I wouldn't bother with Snap-On, over priced IMO.

There was a guy with a Snap-On franchise van, he used to call to all the garages in Carraroe on a Monday lunch time if I remember correctly. I dont know his name or number any longer im afraid but if you call into one of the garages out there they'll be able to give you his details..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I always found MAC Tools to be every bit as good as Snap-On. Similar franchise set up and lifetime guarantee etc. but usually 25-30% cheaper. It's a long time since I bought from either so I couldn't even tell you if there's still an agent in Ireland. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Thanks never seen them, was gonna go new try trade in my old ones,

Cheers lad must look up mac tools
    trad wrote: »

• Advertisement

Thanks but do you know of any box that's as good on quality but not price?? I work on heavy plant so toolbox gets a lot of abuse?!!
    It doesnt matter what you buy, if you travel with them in a vehicle they will all fall apart. I think it even says that on the Snap-On warranty.

I always bought Skyes Pickavant or Britool boxes and when they fell apart from being lifted in and out of different vehicles and bashed about I just bought new ones and retired the semi-good ones to the garage at home.

My current box made the journey from Sligo to Perth and is still going strong

That's true I suppose, might just look up e bay and see what's on offer! There's something about the snap on ones tho!!
    How did ya go about shipping to Perth cos I'm planning on doin a runner to Canada in new year and don't know how to go about shipping or how much it'd cost?! The boxes I have definitely wont survive that trek tho.
    It doesnt matter what you buy, if you travel with them in a vehicle they will all fall apart. I think it even says that on the Snap-On warranty.

I always bought Skyes Pickavant or Britool boxes and when they fell apart from being lifted in and out of different vehicles and bashed about I just bought new ones and retired the semi-good ones to the garage at home.

My current box made the journey from Sligo to Perth and is still going strong

Put them on a pallet with a full inventory of the tools and air freighted them using a mob in Finglas. 3 days later they were here. Cost me about €450 for the shipping iirc

Jez dats not dear I thought it'd be we'll over a grand.
    Put them on a pallet with a full inventory of the tools and air freighted them using a mob in Finglas. 3 days later they were here. Cost me about €450 for the shipping iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Have a number for rioch, the snap-on man at home. Ill get it this evening. He is about every second Monday in sligo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Rioch warde
    He is snap-on franchise for sligo

Cheers lad.
    Rioch warde
    He is snap-on franchise for sligo

Advertisement