Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 JC results (Results ONLY, please use other thread for chat)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Anyone remembers me? :) I got my straight A's!!! I got them!! I am so happy! All HL :) except CSPE, common level.
    Maths - A
    English - A
    Geo - A
    History - A
    French - A
    Business - A
    Art - A
    CSPE - A
    Science - A

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Anyone remembers me? :) I got my straight A's!!! I got them!! I am so happy! All HL :) except CSPE, common level.
    Maths - A
    English - A
    Geo - A
    History - A
    French - A
    Business - A
    Art - A
    CSPE - A
    Science - A

Uh, What about Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

pvakelly wrote: »
    All higher level.

Irish- A
    English- B
    Maths- B
    History- A
    Geography- A
    French- A
    Art- B
    Business- A
    Science- A
    C.S.P.E- B
    Religion- A

Delighted with Irish and Science but unhappy with my Bs (except for maths, was expecting a B!) May get them appealed!
    Really happy overall though! :)
    Well done everyone else!
    To be honest it's not worth anything if you get it appealed, waste of money. If it was the L.C I would consider it.

Uh, What about Irish?
    She/he might be exempt from Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    To be honest it's not worth anything if you get it appealed, waste of money. If it was the L.C I would consider it.

Well I know it doesn't really mean anything if I get them appealed but it's just for my own personal satisfaction :)

• Advertisement

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    She/he might be exempt from Irish?

Dude, they would have to be living in Ireland for only a few years to be exempt or dyslexic and trust me, dyslexic people can't get A's in History, French and English

Dude, they would have to be living in Ireland for only a few years to be exempt or dyslexic and trust me, dyslexic people can't get A's in History, French and English
    Yes I'm aware of that and the poster hasn't revealed why h/she hasn't listed down Irish. I strongly disagree that dyslexia people can't get A's in subjects like History and English unless they had an spelling and grammar waiver.

I did much better than I thought in English, Irish and Maths and did bad for nearly everything else.

All HL

English - C (My prediction was D/E) (Extremely surprised since I got 40% in the mocks)

Irish - A (Prediction was B)

Maths - B (Excellent grade considering we didn't get a Paper 2 for our mocks and instead got Paper 1 questions we already did in class and also I barely studied, properly 2% of the course LOL

French - C (Not my fault, my goddamn lazy teacher's fault for teaching us nothing for 3 years) - Just as I predicted though

Science - C (Again goddamn teacher's fault - Just as predicted)

Business - B (Didn't do much studying in the last few weeks plus for the first time ever my trading account didn't balance, Perfect time for it not to balance) - Predicted

Geography - C (Don't care about this useless subject at all, did absolutely 0% study for Geography in 3rd year for every exam we had including mocks and Christmas) I honestly couldn't care less.) PREDICTED

History - B (Don't care, useless, not doing it for LC, If it weren't for my killer predictions though I would've ended up with a C) - PREDICTED

Tech Graph - E (Don't care, Don't care, Don't care, I skipped like 3/4 of the exam on the day and honestly I couldn't care less for this abomination of a subject) -PREDICTED

CSPE - C (Yes I know, VERY SURPRISING but that's what happens when you don't bring your colouring pencils and end up using green and black pen for your poster that is the most uncreative poster ever, also I think I messed up the project by leaving out a question, my friend didn't get it done though and got an E, hahahaha one of only 2% of the country to fail it) ( How is this even possible if I got 95% in the mocks like WHAAAAAAT)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

English-A
    Irish-B
    Maths-A
    French-A
    Geography-A
    History-A
    Religion-A
    Business-A
    Home Ec-A
    Science-A
    Cspe-A

All of them were higher besides cspe obviously :) I'm over the moon, wasn't expecting that good at all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nero707

All higher except CSPE
    English=C
    Irish=C
    French=C
    Maths=C
    Metalwork=A
    CSPE= A
    Woodwork=B
    Geography=B
    History=B
    Science=B
    Business=B

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've moved the discussion posts to the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 radagastbr0wn

A= English, Art, CSPE, Geography, Religion, Science

B= History, Maths (getting both rechecked)

C = Business, German (getting German rechecked)

D= Irish

All higher level (except CSPE obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Hey guys do you think it would be worth getting my B in Art rechecked if I was hoping for an A? I was talking to my teacher today and she said I deserved the A, and that it was marked too hard. Thanks in advance! :)

Hey guys do you think it would be worth getting my B in Art rechecked if I was hoping for an A? I was talking to my teacher today and she said I deserved the A, and that it was marked too hard. Thanks in advance! :)

I was hoping for an A too but I only got a B. My teacher said I should get it rechecked as she thought I deserved an A so I think I will!

I was hoping for an A too but I only got a B. My teacher said I should get it rechecked as she thought I deserved an A so I think I will!

Yeah I might do that too! Did you bring yours home? I'm wondering if there's any rules for remarking for art on whether it has to be left in the school or what? I brought mine home but I presume if I was getting it rechecked I would just bring it back in?

Yeah I might do that too! Did you bring yours home? I'm wondering if there's any rules for remarking for art on whether it has to be left in the school or what? I brought mine home but I presume if I was getting it rechecked I would just bring it back in?

I haven't had a chance to take it home yet so it's still there :) Sure the examiner wouldn't know if you brought it home or not, so I'd be sure it wouldn't matter :)

I haven't had a chance to take it home yet so it's still there :) Sure the examiner wouldn't know if you brought it home or not, so I'd be sure it wouldn't matter :)

I suppose :) Are you doing Art for the Leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

English- B (pleasantly surprised as I messed up big time on paper 2, somehow managed to write two pages on Atticus for the drama question :p:confused: )
    Irish- A (Happy! went to a Gaeltacht after second year plus I had an awesome teacher! :D)
    Maths- A (Always has been one of my strongest subjects, I just kind of understood things in maths quickly)
    History-B (Disappointed, that was actually the first time I got a B in history EVER! Talked to my teacher and he's backing me up to get it appealed)
    Geography-A (I got a B in the pre's and it was so close to the A then I finally got it! :))
    French- A (Totally expected this, I felt this was by far the easiest exam. I'd love to visit France some day in the future)
    C.S.P.E.- A (Sat a good paper and did a good project, I was in one of those groups were you did all the work, it paid off though!)
    Business- B (Teacher wants me to get it rechecked because he said I was an A student all along but I'm not sure if I really was. I got an A in the mocks. We must have gotten a really hard marker because nobody got and A in my whole year :eek:)
    Home ec.-A (I CAN COOK LIKE A BOSS! was happy with this was the only one in the year to stay and work till the end of the exam.)
    Science- A (This was my most proud result, I love science so much and the teacher is lovely and ahhh I just love it! :D Another one of my stronger subjects)

7 a's and 3b's. I'm happy enough it wasn't as good as what I got in the pre's but I was completely burned out by the time the exams loomed.
    All higher ^

I suppose :) Are you doing Art for the Leaving?

Nah I don't think I will. It's supposed to be long and cumbersome plus my artistic ability isn't the greatest. I also feel very behind in terms of how to draw, etc. We had the most awful teacher for first and second year and we did nothing! She didn't even have any materials or anything. I'm not joking, the most we had to work with was poster paints- that is if you did any work at all :) Luckily though she retired and we got this fantastic new teacher! I think I would have failed without her :) But we only really did project work and I went into the drawing exam, not understanding any techniques or anything!

Nah I don't think I will. It's supposed to be long and cumbersome plus my artistic ability isn't the greatest. I also feel very behind in terms of how to draw, etc. We had the most awful teacher for first and second year and we did nothing! She didn't even have any materials or anything. I'm not joking, the most we had to work with was poster paints- that is if you did any work at all :) Luckily though she retired and we got this fantastic new teacher! I think I would have failed without her :) But we only really did project work and I went into the drawing exam, not understanding any techniques or anything!

That's bad :( I had two different teachers, we didn't really do much in terms of techniques either; just mostly project work. Although I love Art I decided to do Music for the LC as I already have grades on guitar, and it's not too bad to pick up if you have an instrument. I think it's less hassle and more practical than Art for me tbh. What are you thinking of doing instead?

• Advertisement

Probably Economics. I find the whole idea of it really interesting :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They should not be moved from the school until the date for re-checks has passed. Until then they are still exam material. After that, do what you want with them, unless you're getting a recheck.

spurious wrote: »
    They should not be moved from the school until the date for re-checks has passed. Until then they are still exam material. After that, do what you want with them, unless you're getting a recheck.

We were told to collect ours :L. I talked to my parents and they don't think getting it rechecked is worth it so I'll probably just leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

Results (all higher);

Art D
    Irish C
    Maths B
    English B
    Business B
    History B
    German B
    CSPE B
    Geography B
    Science B
    Religion A

Total: 1 A, 8 B's, 1 C, 1 D.

A bit disappointed I must say. I'm delighted with Religion, Geography, and Irish, I thought that they were my worst subjects.

I am reasonably happy with Maths and Science, I could've done a lot worse.

I'm a little unhappy with Business and History, I thought I deserved an A in at least 1 of them.

I am so disappointed in English and German. Before getting the results, I said that all I hoped was to get an A in both of those. I got neither. I just cannot see how I could have done any better for the A.

I really couldn't care about art, I knew I was bad, I suppose at least I didn't fail.

Well, I hope at least that the rest of you are happy, well done.

PS does anyone think there is any point in getting them rechecked? I was thinking about German and English, but it is only the JC after all. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EdXD

May write mine here too

Doing all higher except maths and English

Maths: B
    English :B
    Art:B
    Home Ec: B
    Business: B
    C.S.P.E: B
    History: C
    Science: C
    Spanish :C
    Irish : D
    Geography: D

I'm slightly disappointed with my results especially geography as I usually get As And Bs in geography
    I'm happy enough with the rest of my results

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Yes I'm exempted from Irish, even though I came to Ireland when I was 5. I'm not dyslexic or anything, I just don't do it. And I'm so happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mia97x

Just having a look on twitter and found this! Thought I'd share my results
    Irish (OL) B ( was expecting an A I dropped a few weeks before the exam)
    English - (OL) B -( surprising didn't get the exam finished! They need to put the OL paper into 2 aswell)
    Maths (OL) c- ( delighted! Failed it all through the year and to get a C was brilliant for me tbh)
    Geography ( OL) B( was expecting a fail tbh)
    History ( OL) B- ( was expecting a fail too ahha)
    Science ( OL) B( my teacher hated me and I hated him , he told me id fail.. I showed him!)
    Home ec( HL) C ( ah look finally a higher level subject haha, well I did my craft project in five days so yeah happy tbh I left the exam an hour and a half early because I was sick and it was my birthday )
    Business (OL) B- delighted with life tbh! Hated the accounts hahaha
    French ( OL) c( failed it all through the 3 years of studying it and messed up my oral, was pretty happy tbh)
    Cspe( Cl) C( A fecking c? Like I don't know thought id get a B at least?! Funnily enough 16 other people in my exam hall / class got a C.. Hmm)
    Religion ( HL) c( wasn't expecting this, fell asleep in the mock and failed by 2% , but happy enough)
    Haha yous are all thinking I'm real dum doing OL subjects like only 2 HL it's because I wasn't in school for much of 2nd and 3rd year due to family problems and personal problems! But I'm so happy tbh! A month later! Haha now to focus on the leaving cert!

Advertisement