Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who are the candidates for the Ireland job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

I personally would love to see an experienced man take the job with a young dynamic man on his side.

What about one of Bert van Marwijk (he planted the seeds in Dortmund before Klopp arrived)/Martin O´Neil (CL experience, knows our players and is a motivator) assisted by a Pat Fenlon/Stephan Kenny thinking to the future and letting them implement the U21 and youth setups nationally. FAI have to have the balls to make a call like the Germans and Dutch and tell the national team manager....give us a blueprint for your playing style and how you plan to play in the future and then let one of the Irish lads insist on all underage teams play the same model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What's Jupp Heynckes up to these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Mulesteen would be a great choice. He's renowned for being an excellent coach and thats an area we desperately need someone with expertise in.

Doubt he'd break the bank either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I don't understand the suggestions of Chris Hughton, Brian McDermott, Owen Coyle, Neil Lennon etc even though some of them would be very welcome.

There is no money in the FAI so they can't afford to buy out a contract and appoint someone before the Germany game. They also probably can't afford a salary better than those on offer at the moment to those in employment. That means that they need to find someone currently out of work or an assistant who could make the step up.

That makes the likes of Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane plausible. However, there are a lot of unemployed managers out there ranging from the recently unemployed like Tony Pulis to the long-term unemployed like Souness, Venables and Curbishley. Knowing the FAI, it could be any of them. None of them stand out, all of them have flaws.

In a serious debate you would want to draw up criteria:

(1) Out-of-work, so cheap
    (2) Good experience, preferably at international or European club competition level, but a top European league would be enough
    (3) Willing to work at overseeing the under-age levels and putting in place a serious scouting system
    (4) A playing style that moves away from our traditional long-ball.

It gets hard to pick someone that meets all of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Keane is the only man for the job.........player manager Robbie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I heard Stephen Hunt interviewed on Newstalk at lunch and he came across much better than I expected. Some semi intelligent observations from him and when asked who he thought would be a good candidate, he also suggested Clement and not the typical lazy answer (O'Neill or the likes...)

Agree Hunt came across very well

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Keane is the only man for the job.........player manager Robbie.

Boyhood dream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Glen Hoddle is a great shout. Last manager to have England playing decent football.

I think so too. Most reports from his time with England have been in praise of him and he was unlucky in their WC. Seems like a one way train for O'Neill though.
    S28382 wrote: »
    Id rather put NI manager Michael O Neill in before Glenn Hoddle. :eek:

Id never watch or go to another Ireland game if Hoddle was in charge.

Why exactly? Do his religious beliefs offend you or something?

This 'I won't go if X gets the job' talk is reatrded. If you feel like that you shouldn't support them in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Boyhood dream?

Kudos....Can't believe I missed that one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Jimmy's winning matches...

He's being quoted at 200-1 apparently! Will have to buy out his contract at Celtic though

• Advertisement

Give it to Giles

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

would love too see meulensteen get it but sadly will be o neill i think.

we need a complete overhaul from underage level up.

Claudio Ranieri just so he can call the players his gladiators

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

I just hope it's not Roy Keane. That's a disaster waiting to happen and it would probably set the whole team back further.

If he can get himself a job and rebuild his reputation, I'd be willing to give him a chance but he shouldn't be seen as an option right now.

1. Appoint Keane.
    2. Eamon Dunphy has orgasm.
    3. Lots of mad rows with players and great material for journalists.
    4. Someone remembers its about football.
    5. Keane gets sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

given that theres only a few weeks to the next two games, we would expect an announcement pretty quickly so i cant see them appointing a manager who is already in the job.

of course, alternative solution is an interim manager but that doesnt really make any sense, as it wont benifit the team at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I wonder is Frank Rijkaard on the list .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Martin O Neill is obviously the favourite but the FAI could pick anyone. I guess they all have their downfalls like Roy Keane for example, great on the pitch but not Mr patient as manager. I would like to see him manage Ireland at some point but maybe when is older and has more experience. What about Guus Hiddink ? He might do a good job for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Give it to Giles

Normally like Giles but he was talking like a bit of a senile old fool last night.

Anytime he interjected it was "Your philosophy is the starting point Bill and then you find the players to fit it". Every f**king time until, towards the end, he said "First thing you need to do is select your eleven best players". He sort of paused halfway through realising he was kinda trampling on his oft made earlier point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Ralf Rangnick or Sven Eriksson.

Bielsa, Van Marwijk or Hiddink might be out of our league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I don't want this to happen but I bet Harry Redknapps name gets mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

given that theres only a few weeks to the next two games,

oh God, please not another yawn inducing weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Roberto Mancini

Mancini would be an interesting call.

We could also consider Gus Poyet or Gianfranco Zola....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

In my opinion two managers who would be willing to take the job on and have proven themselves to be good coaches as well as managers are Brian McDermott and Chris Hughton, the problem being they are currently employed with Leeds and Norwich, so unless one of them gets the sack, we can't lure them away I would imagine.

Maybe the best thing for the time being would be to appoint an interim manager, and assess the situation at the end of the current season. But then... Who do we appoint in the interim? Someone like Alan Kelly who is involved with the team but not attached to Trapattoni (unlike Tardelli). I know he's only the keeper coach but I've seen him numerous times preparing the subs to come on with a tactics board, he knows the players and could put a team out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Anyone else think it was bizarre and unprofessional of Delaney to name a list of candidates off the top of his head straight away, while announcing the end of the current manager?

I guess it's Delaney so nothing is too surprising, but it could be unneeded embarrassment if/when several of them rule themselves out in the next few days.

McDermott, McCarthy and O'Neill are the best of a bad bunch of candidates in my opinion. Whether they want it and whether we can afford it is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Maybe the best thing for the time being would be to appoint an interim manager, and assess the situation at the end of the current season.

I could live with this. There's obviously value in giving someone time but I'd much prefer to wait it out and get the right man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Nobody was mentioning Trapp the last time the job was available....and we spent 3 or 4 months throwing names around

Could surprise us again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think the new manager needs to be a man who cares about the long term development of Irish football, and for that reason I think it needs to be an Irish or British coach. If we were to appoint someone like Hiddink, Van Marwijk or Muelensteen (probably all very unrealistic anyway) I think that they would show up, do a job and leave the country in no better position long term, not to mention all being on a hefty pay cheque - Similar to Trapattoni. We need someone who regardless of how well they do, will leave the country in a better position in 4 years time, by blooding through young talented footballers and hopefully attempting to play football the right way. Personally, at international level all I care about is results, which is probably why I liked Trap (at least for the first 4 years), but it's clear the majority of the footballing public value playing good football.

Regarding Martin O'Neill, he is a manager I know very little about if I'm being honest, have never followed any team he has managed closely, but he seems to be getting awful stick from all sorts of posters on here, is it really deserved? He has done a decent job with most clubs he has been with and is a realistic option, I'm sure he wouldn't be as bad as some people are making out. My personal choice, from the list of candidates mentioned at the moment, would be Mick McCarthy - he has rebuilt the squad before and was successful as manager. Has plenty of experience dealing with players in the PL/Championship and has the countries best interests at heart - I will support the new man 100% however though. Wonder will he be appointed by the time we play Germany or will the FAI take their time and wait until next year to have their man selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Lots of interesting options. I really hope the FAI take a bit of time and consider all the options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ormus wrote: »
    Anyone else think it was bizarre and unprofessional of Delaney to name a list of candidates off the top of his head straight away, while announcing the end of the current manager?

I guess it's Delaney so nothing is too surprising, but it could be unneeded embarrassment if/when several of them rule themselves out in the next few days.

McDermott, McCarthy and O'Neill are the best of a bad bunch of candidates in my opinion. Whether they want it and whether we can afford it is another matter.

Delaney asked for Ireland to be included in WC2010 as an extra team! I'd say bizarre and unprofessional are good adjectives to describe his conduct in matters concerning the Irish side, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Doesn't matter, nothing will change until the coaching set up and ethos changes from the ground up. Sack Delaney, send a team out ot Belgium to look at their underage development set up and start trying to develop a national style of playing the game based on skill and technique rather than physicality and sturdiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

This is my first posts on the soccer forum, and apologies if it's long but this whole Trappatoni debacle really and truly grinds my gears.

So the job is vacant at the moment. What to do? Seems that, from earlier posts, Delaney has said that there's gonna be an appointment next week. Suggests that they've already been talking behind closed doors and they've got their man and are just waiting to iron out the wrinkles in the contract. Honestly, I think that what they should do is put Alan Kelly in there as a caretaker manager for the final 2 group games. He's the man all the subs talk to when they're coming on and has a good head for the game.... seemingly. It's not going to harm us if we do get shockingly bad results in those 2 games as we've already been knocked down in the seedings from our previous results. Nothing ventured....

Then the FAI should get a good football consultant, not just somebody who's in the business of football but somebody who's heart is in the game too (Sir Alan Sugar maybe) and give him the parameters which the new manager needs to be within, salary, style, ethos, goals and aspirations. This consultant should approach the list of managers he comes up with and ask them to apply for the job. IMO if a football association asks somebody if they're interested and they are it should be game set and match but only because they were asked. Any potential manager should want the job and display his passion for the job. If we go down the route of chasing managers again, we'll be in the same position in 2, 4 or 6 years time and have achieved nothing.

My head says O'Neill will get the job and I've taken on board everything that the community has said in this thread and it would seem that he's not right for the job. Maybe so. I was a big advocate of Hoddle's back in '08 after Staunton got booted out but he's not been at anything lately so I'm not sure if he's right for it right now either. After the Germany game last year, I was dyin mad for Trapp to get the boot and to get 'Arry in as he was a free agent at the time but he's tied to QPR now so that looks unlikely. Best candidate for me at the moment is Roberto Di Matteo. Free agent now too, I think.

In any event, The FAI should really take their time on this one and make sure that when they do appoint a new manager that they're hiring the man and not his reputation. Especially if that reputation is in a different era of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Full list of candidates being quoted at all the bookies....

Martin ONeill
    Brian McDermott
    Mick McCarthy
    Roy Keane
    Rene Muelensteen
    Liam Buckley
    Paul Cook
    Stuart Pearce
    Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
    Chris Hughton
    David OLeary
    Liam Brady
    Marcelo Bielsa
    Owen Coyle
    Neil Lennon
    Michael ONeill
    Harry Redknapp
    Don Given
    John Sheridan
    Neil Warnock
    Niall Quinn
    Alex McLeish
    Alan Curblishley
    Mark Hughes
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    Co Adriaanse
    Phillipe Troussier
    Slaven Bilic
    Sven Goran Eriksson
    Tony Mowbray
    Fatih Terim
    Luis Enrique
    Bernd Schuster
    Martin Jol
    Paul Jewell
    Dick Advocaat
    Pat Fenlon
    Paul Lambert
    Alan Curbishley
    Billy Davies
    Sam Allardyce
    Andy Townsend
    Bert Van Marwijk
    Brian Carey
    Brian Kerr
    Bruce Arena
    Chris Coleman
    Claudio Ranieri
    David Moyes
    Don Givens
    Foppe de Haan
    Frank Rijkaard
    Gareth Southgate
    Gerard Houllier
    Gianfranco Zola
    Gordon Strachan
    Graeme Souness
    Guus Hiddink
    Henk Ten Cate
    Jacques Santini
    Jean Tigana
    Jim Gannon
    Joe Kinnear
    Johnny Giles
    Jurgen Klinsman
    Kenny Dalglish
    Kevin Keegan
    Lawrie Sanchez
    Liam Daish
    Marcello Lippi
    Marco Tardelli
    Marco Van Basten
    Mark Kinsella
    Mark Lawrenson
    Noel King
    Ottmar Hitzfeld
    Otto Rehhagel
    Paul Doolin
    Peter Reid
    Phil Scolari
    Rafa Benitez
    Ralf Rangnick
    Roberto Martinez
    Ronald Koeman
    Sean ODriscoll
    Stephen Kenny
    Steve Coppell
    Terry Venables
    Tony Cascarino
    Steve Staunton
    Eamon Dunphy
    Jack Charlton
    Robbie Fowler
    Roy Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Ian Holloway is due to sacked from Palace fairly soon, I'm not his biggest fan but he could do a decent job. I'm still hoping for Zeman though,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Chances are it will be Martin O'Neil, it sounds as though the FAI already have their man and are just waiting to make it official. O'Neil might have a better grasp of the language, he might have more knowledge of Irish players available, he might even be easier to like than Trapatonni but where it really matters, on the pitch, he is no different from the previous incumbent.

With attendances slipping, with Irish fan morale as low as it has been in years, having just finished a 5 year era in which the Irish team played some of the (stylistically) worst football many of us have ever seen, why not try something different? You listen to the FAI's coaching guidelines for underage kids and the message is to teach them how to play, that there has been a switch of focus to make young Irish players more technically sound, why not put their money where their mouth is when it comes to the senior squad? Why not hire a coach who will actually encourage this group to play football in a way in which we as a country would actually be proud to be represented by. Henk Ten Cate, Frank Rijkaard, Luis Enrique, Slaven Bilic, Marcelo Bielsa, Rene Muelensteen, Glen Hoddle, all taken from that list above, I accept that they are perhaps long shots and maybe none of them would be interested in the job but surely it's worth trying to get a manager, not only can change the way the senior squad play, but would also send out a message to the whole country that this is how we play football now, this is the philosophy that we've adopted from top (senior squad) to bottom (7 and 8 year old kids). Martin O'Neil is just another conservative and unexciting appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I don't know why people are claiming that the football would be no different under Martin O'Neill. Defensively set-up?, yes. I would hope so given the limited playing pool at our disposal. But you can be defensive without the football being as mind numbingly awful as it was under Trap.

Its not going to be same 8-0-2 formation for every game where creative players will not get a look in. We're not going to score an early goal, and immediately change tactics to 9-0-1 in the hope that we'll hold onto the lead for the rest of the game. There is a big chance that if we will actualy set up a little differently depending on the standard of the opposition and that tactics will change during the game

MON has his faults and there is no guarantee he would succeed, but even if Alex McLeish got the job, it would be an improvement on what we've been watching over the last couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My ideal choice would be Chris Hughton, but as others have said there's virtually no chance he'll leave Norwich which is the biggest opportunity of his career thus far. Maybe one day...

Mick back would be a bit underwhelming for me. I like him, but I'm not sure he is the right man. Can't see him leaving Ipswich either.

Brian McDermott could be good, but I don't see him leaving Leeds.

I can't see any of these 'left-field', mostly foreign options being talked about getting considered either. I think there is more of an appetite to go Irish this time.

To be honest I think the job is O'Neill's if he wants it. The media will make him their man and there is enough support from the man on the street for him. His run with Celtic will earn him a lot of popularity.

I like MON and think he's a good man, but I don't see how he will represent any great change. If the desire is to really look at the sport from the top to grassroots then I can't see how MON is the answer. I could see him being hounded out in the long run and I wouldn't like to see him go through that.

The problems in Irish football go way beyond who is at the helm and the bottom line is until people realise our limitations then we will be forever in this cycle of looking for quick fix solutions.

Instead of asking millionaires to pay salaries for managers we'd be better off asking them to invest in elite football academies and help our team be in better condition in ten years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ian Holloway is due to sacked from Palace fairly soon, I'm not his biggest fan but he could do a decent job. I'm still hoping for Zeman though,

Ah fu*k no way. Holloway?

Id hate to see him in the job. He uses his 'passion' incorrectly and the media would go to town on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

pajopearl wrote: »
    Best candidate for me at the moment is Roberto Di Matteo. Free agent now too, I think.

Really? I'd say the dressing room had more influence of Chelsea winning the CL than he did, they finished 6th in the league aswell. He did a decent job at MK Dons then got sacked by West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Full list of candidates being quoted at all the bookies....

Martin ONeill
    Brian McDermott
    Mick McCarthy
    Roy Keane
    Rene Muelensteen
    Liam Buckley
    Paul Cook
    Stuart Pearce
    Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
    Chris Hughton
    David OLeary
    Liam Brady
    Marcelo Bielsa
    Owen Coyle
    Neil Lennon
    Michael ONeill
    Harry Redknapp
    Don Given
    John Sheridan
    Neil Warnock
    Niall Quinn
    Alex McLeish
    Alan Curblishley
    Mark Hughes
    Sir Alex Ferguson
    Co Adriaanse
    Phillipe Troussier
    Slaven Bilic
    Sven Goran Eriksson
    Tony Mowbray
    Fatih Terim
    Luis Enrique
    Bernd Schuster
    Martin Jol
    Paul Jewell
    Dick Advocaat
    Pat Fenlon
    Paul Lambert
    Alan Curbishley
    Billy Davies
    Sam Allardyce
    Andy Townsend
    Bert Van Marwijk
    Brian Carey
    Brian Kerr
    Bruce Arena
    Chris Coleman
    Claudio Ranieri
    David Moyes
    Don Givens
    Foppe de Haan
    Frank Rijkaard
    Gareth Southgate
    Gerard Houllier
    Gianfranco Zola
    Gordon Strachan
    Graeme Souness
    Guus Hiddink
    Henk Ten Cate
    Jacques Santini
    Jean Tigana
    Jim Gannon
    Joe Kinnear
    Johnny Giles
    Jurgen Klinsman
    Kenny Dalglish
    Kevin Keegan
    Lawrie Sanchez
    Liam Daish
    Marcello Lippi
    Marco Tardelli
    Marco Van Basten
    Mark Kinsella
    Mark Lawrenson
    Noel King
    Ottmar Hitzfeld
    Otto Rehhagel
    Paul Doolin
    Peter Reid
    Phil Scolari
    Rafa Benitez
    Ralf Rangnick
    Roberto Martinez
    Ronald Koeman
    Sean ODriscoll
    Stephen Kenny
    Steve Coppell
    Terry Venables
    Tony Cascarino
    Steve Staunton
    Eamon Dunphy
    Jack Charlton
    Robbie Fowler
    Roy Hodgson

Hes ours! You cant have him!:D One thing with Bucko in charge the team will be playing 4-3-3.

Most of the big names mentioned are quite uninspiring, If Martin O'Neill is doesnt want too much money then its his I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Hughton would be great but as others have mentioned, he's not going to leave his premier league job for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Alan Kelly,

Talks to the players as they're coming onto the pitch, so should get caretaker role. Seriously?!?!?

Hahahahahahaha.

Btw, he is more than likely just going over set pieces

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The likely candidates.

1174582_10153262891290441_127880647_n.jpg

Except, obviously, Rod being in a much more prestigious job means he is not a realistic target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

how about Keane with McCarthy as mentor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Who is this Zeman some of you speak of?

Warming to the idea of Roy Keane itself. The press conferences/interviews will live through the ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I want the Rod Squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

aramush wrote: »
    Who is this Zeman some of you speak of?

Warming to the idea of Roy Keane itself. The press conferences/interviews will live through the ages.
    Zdenek Zeman, Czech coach though he moved to Italy decades ago. Was one of the few to raise the question of doping, particularly with Juventus, in the late 90's. Plays very aggressive, high-pressing attacking football. Last seen spectacularly bombing out at Roma in that fashion. Has had success with smaller teams in Italy amongst clubs like Foggia and Lecce. I have no idea what his English is like though I've never heard anyone say he can speak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Zdenek Zeman, Czech coach though he moved to Italy decades ago. Was one of the few to raise the question of doping, particularly with Juventus, in the late 90's. Plays very aggressive, high-pressing attacking football. Last seen spectacularly bombing out at Roma in that fashion. Has had success with smaller teams in Italy amongst clubs like Foggia and Lecce. I have no idea what his English is like though I've never heard anyone say he can speak it.

Yeah.. Just seen his Wiki there, he's been around to say the least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

We definitely need somebody who has a huge Wikipedia entry, that's as good as it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hope Martin O'Neill does not get it. Too much long ball. Might as well have Trap.

Roy Keane walked out on us before so I don't want him.

I'd ask Mick back before anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I would pick Chris Hughton, but I can't see why he would leave Norwich.

• Advertisement
Advertisement