Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand bookshop in Waterford city ?

Options
  • 11-09-2013 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭

Hi !
    I used to go to this great second hand bookshop in Gladstone St, but just checked on Google maps and it seems to be closed down ?

This time I'm exclusively looking for second hand school textbooks, and don't know where to go in Waterford ? Anything reopened instead of the Gladstone one ?
    I'll be making the trip from Dungarvan just for that so would be a pity to drive down for nothing, cheers !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

There's a secondhand book shop on Michael Street in where pure used to be, second hand stuff is upstairs. Can't remember the name of the place at the minute - Wingnut maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Isn't there a shop/stall opposite Burger King ?

The charity shops are always good. There is one up on Ballybricken, two not very good ones on O'connel st.
    Oxfam next to Subway. The Cancer shop on the Quay. One big one near Woodies and a couple more but not very good for books but you never know what you will find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I doubt you'll find any school books in them, its mostly novels that they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Yeah, I trawled over all the Clonmel and Dungarvan charity shops without success, I really need a proper bookshop to make it worth my while, if all else fails I might head the Cork direction but would much prefer Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Isn't there a shop/stall opposite Burger King ?

That's been gone a good few weeks now. The one on Michael St. would be worth a look I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Kierán's Books & Stuff on Michael St. is a great little shop run by one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
    https://www.facebook.com/KieransBooks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I dont know if its still open but their used to be a bookshop in gladstone street that had a lot of second hand books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Hi !
    I used to go to this great second hand bookshop in Gladstone St, but just checked on Google maps and it seems to be closed down ?

This time I'm exclusively looking for second hand school textbooks, and don't know where to go in Waterford ? Anything reopened instead of the Gladstone one ?
    I'll be making the trip from Dungarvan just for that so would be a pity to drive down for nothing, cheers !
    Shams wrote: »
    I dont know if its still open but their used to be a bookshop in gladstone street that had a lot of second hand books

:eek::pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

;) Thanks anyway Shams.

Decies thanks I will fall back on online sources if needed, but I was trying to avoid it as the books I'm looking for are quite heavy, so if I can avoid shipping charges I will.

Kieran's books and stuff doesn't look to me like the place where you'd find textbooks, but I will definitely pay a visit some day, it looks like my kind of place :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement