Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moone kilomarathon 28th sept

Options
  • 11-09-2013 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    seen as i'll be up in dublin for the All Ireland replay, hope to do my long run as part of a race.
    it's either this or the ECO 20 mile run on the sunday & would prefer to get it out of the way before the match incase i get carried away with the celebrations,

anyone done it. i see the course has changed this year,

anyone here planning to do it as a MP run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yep, never one to learn from my mistakes, I'm signed up for this one again this year and plan to do it at marathon pace. Hope they have signage at all the junctions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Yep, never one to learn from my mistakes, I'm signed up for this one again this year and plan to do it at marathon pace. Hope they have signage at all the junctions!

i'm afraid to ask, you didn't..
    fair play to you, i don't think i'd be as forgiving.

your MP is a lot faster so krusty pace + 30 secs

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

Krusty, I'm glad to hear you're in after last year, you may recall we had a 'discussion' about it on last year's thread. Thanks for not giving up on us!

I just took part the previous 3 years, but I'm involved in organising it this year, so I can assure you that there will be signage in place at all junctions, and apologise for last year again.

Hi, I was going to start a thread on this today anyway, but I may as well post in this one...

If anyone would be interested in volunteering as a pacer, PM me or email info@moonekilomarathon.com. We're looking at 2:00 / 2:15 / 2:30. Though we could go with 2:00 / 2:10 / 2:20 if it suits better. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

Hi vinny1313,
    i've emailed the organisers but you could possible tell me, is there showers?

• Advertisement

jfh wrote: »
    Hi vinny1313,
    i've emailed the organisers but you could possible tell me, is there showers?

jfh. I've just replied to your email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I'm hoping to sign up as well. I'll be following the clown so if I get lost he will be to blame ;) Did the 10k a few years back and enjoyed the day. Looking forward to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Signed up to this yesterday. Runs close to the in laws so kill 2 birds with one stone. Did the race 2 years ago and enjoyed it although not the part along the main road at the end which seems to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I had entered this ages ago, with the plan of doing it as a long run the week after my holidays. Alas my transport plan has since fallen thru..

Anyone driving down from Dublin [I live in middle of town, but can travel!]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Signed up to this yesterday. Runs close to the in laws so kill 2 birds with one stone. Did the race 2 years ago and enjoyed it although not the part along the main road at the end which seems to be gone now.

Thought u were doing berlin?

• Advertisement

I had entered this ages ago, with the plan of doing it as a long run the week after my holidays. Alas my transport plan has since fallen thru..

I'm doing it Joe but will be down there from the night before.

Thought u were doing berlin?

The group that were doing it all pulled out for various reasons so didn't fancy heading over by myself. Have the option to defer entry to next year.

Going to do Dublin instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    The group that were doing it all pulled out for various reasons so didn't fancy heading over by myself. Have the option to defer entry to next year.

Going to do Dublin instead.

Sorry to hear that, sure hopefully i get out to shout for the Dublin one.

If you can't get a lift down, you could get the Kavanaghs Bus from Dublin to Waterford. You'll need to ask the driver to let you off at Moone. There are timetables etc. on their website jjkavanagh.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Just want to say thanks to the team in Moone for letting me defer my entry 'til next year (due to injury).

Great flexibility Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hats off to the organizers. They put on a super performance. Marshalls everywhere on the course, great signage, lots of water. They got everything right on the day. Top marks from me.

Found the going a little tough and struggled from 10 miles onwards, missing out on my target by a good 40 seconds, but I'm hoping that was down to the unseasonably warm weather and tired legs. Did just enough to hold onto 4th spot, so not a bad day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

Ran the 10k today, I found the course fairly tough and the heat didn't help, I felt like I was running uphill most of the way, which of course I wasn't!! Hill at the end was just lovely!!!! :(
    Congrats to the organising committee, will hopefully be back next year! :)

A big thank you to those who ran today and to everyone else involved in making it happen. I think it fair to say it went well.

I also took part which in hindsight may not have been wise, biting off more than you can chew as they say. I was only 2 minutes quicker than my training run around the route last weekend, and i really found it hard going from 20k onwards. On a positive note I was 4 mins up on last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

vinny1313 wrote: »
    A big thank you to those who ran today and to everyone else involved in making it happen. I think it fair to say it went well.

I also took part which in hindsight may not have been wise, biting off more than you can chew as they say. I was only 2 minutes quicker than my training run around the route last weekend, and i really found it hard going from 20k onwards. On a positive note I was 4 mins up on last year.

I did the 10k today, really enjoyed it. The weather was a bonus as it was lovely to sit around afterwards in the sunshine watching the kilomarathon runners cross the finish line. Lots of water, well marshalled, plenty of refreshments after and a pleasant informal atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Hats off to the organizers. They put on a super performance. Marshalls everywhere on the course, great signage

So u didnt get lost this year :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

hollypink wrote: »
    I did the 10k today, really enjoyed it. The weather was a bonus as it was lovely to sit around afterwards in the sunshine watching the kilomarathon runners cross the finish line. Lots of water, well marshalled, plenty of refreshments after and a pleasant informal atmosphere.

+1 on this :)

Advertisement