Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids German Classes - Skerries

Options
  • 11-09-2013 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks:

Do you know of anyone who does German language classes for children in the Skerries area?

Ta,

tHB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Hi folks:

Do you know of anyone who does German language classes for children in the Skerries area?

Ta,

tHB

Why not contact Ernestine Woelger at the Skerries Community Association.

I'm not sure if she provides German classes or not but she's a nice lady and I'm sure she would point you in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Please keep me informed on this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aisshortt

Hi
    I'm just starting German classes for primary and secondary students in the next few weeks in Skerries and I would be delighted to hear from you! I am qualified as both a primary and secondary teacher and have over 20 years experience . I have been giving classes to primary school children in my own school for the last two years and at the moment have thirty students attending my classes.
    You can contact me on 0872042749 outside school hours. I will be putting up signs in the next few days so you might spot them. I'm also in the process of creating a website and I will post more details here when it's ready!

Hope to hear from you soon
    A Shortt
    Hi folks:

Ta,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

@ A Shortt - can I please ask if you're a fluent mother tongue German speaker or Irish/English? I might be interested too for my kids.
    Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aisshortt

Hi Mr Wemmick,
    No I'm not a native speaker. I am a qualified secondary school teacher who taught German for ten years (including in grind schools) and I then retrained as a primary school teacher. The classes are for children who don't speak any German, so if your children already speak some German this class will be too basic for them. The main emphasis in the classes will be on conversational German with plenty of fun and games! Its an introduction to the language and the class will enable them to hold a basic conversation in German. The class in Skerries will probably be on Monday at 4.45 to 5.30, but I hope to have other classes in a school in Balbriggan starting by the end of October.
    Hope this helps!
    regards
    Aisling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Seen a poster up : German Grind classes St Teresa school Balbriggan
    They d JC and Leaving Cert
    Facebook Prima German Classes

Advertisement