Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordering from Aliexpress - advice

• 11-09-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

I'm looking to get a good Android smartphone and wanted to give Aliexpress a try.

I want to keep my spend under €150 ( including shipping )

Can anyone recommend a good phone for this price.

I'd like 3G / Wifi and maybe quad core.. but Dual core is fine if the €150 budget can't afford it.

I also want something that wan't get stopped by customs as a fake/copy etc.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Aliexpress is a marketplace (like Ebay) rather than just one individual seller/shop.
    Make sure you look for feedback on the particular seller.

(Apols if you already know the above).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Thanks.

I did know that. I know there is a feedback thing and I do look at it.. it's more the Phone quality and customs thing I was talking about.

thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I bought a tablet from a seller on Ali Express. It was on the Bargain Alert page here. A lot of people ordered it and use DHL as the courier, they were all hit with customs. I went for regular postage and it got through fine.

When you say hit with customs do you mean they where charged extra or that customs took them and destroyed them ?

I don't mind paying the extra,, I just don't want them taking the product and calling it a fake / copy of something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

People were just charged €20 for the tablet I got. But you need to be careful that whatever you are ordering is not a copy of a Samsung phone. There have been instances of phones made to look like Samsungs only cheaper being destroyed.

• Advertisement

thats what i mean.

I wanted people to link me to phones they bought that are good.. and are not fakes.

I don't understand all the spec/tech talk when it comes to phones.

I don't know what chipsets are good and what are bad.

I don't know is a phone has bad touch screen etc.

It's info like that that would be great.

Advertisement