Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waiting for refund on visa debit 4 days later

Options
  • 11-09-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭

This is my experience and how i can't understand how a credit to your account/refund takes days yet a debit is done straight away.

i have a jont account with my wife. mrs used her visa debit in irish rail station cork on sunday, first attempt transaction void and receipt issued so second attempt transaction complete.

checked 365 online monday morning noticed two debits had gone through for the one transcation. Anyway yesterday tuesday had to get another ticket and debit went through no problems.

So here we are wednesday and the sunday debit has yet to have a code or be refunded!

To BOI get the finger out and sort this embarrasssment out..................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi kooga,

The second transaction from Sunday sounds like it may be what is known as a shadow transaction. These shadow transactions normally occur as a result of an adjustment, cancellation or voiding of a transaction at a point of sale. We understand the debit was voided and until the company, in this case Irish Rail, process their transactions fully,the refund will not appear. It is the retailer that must organise this refund.

If this does not occur automatically, you can dispute the charge with Irish Rail and they can organise the refund on your behalf.

I hope this explains it.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭kooga

Thank you Linda

when my wife went to buy her ticket yesterday she brought it to the attention of the staff in ticket office in irish rail at Cork and was told the opposite that it was a matter for me the customer to contact my Bank.............ah well nothing new here same old irish run around from pillar to post.

Apologies kooga, I can understand your frustrations. As it was Irish Rail which processed your card, we cannot organise the refund until they fully process the transaction they requested an authorisation code for. Normally in this instance a refund would happen automatically when they are processing the transactions. If this does not occur, usually after 5 working days, you can dispute the transaction with the company directly or send a letter to us to dispute. We cannot begin a dispute investigation until the transaction is fully processed on the banks side.

I hope this makes sense. 
    Thanks
    Linda

Ok Linda
    tks for the reply will monitor and revert back if needs be

Regards

Ok, hopefully this will be resolved asap for you.

Thanks for contacting us and feel free to ask any other day to day banking questions you may have.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

Hi Linda

i would like to pm an update on this transaction.

Thanking you

Good morning,

If you would like to pm us, you can using the link below my name. Please remember we do not have account access so do not include your account number.

Thanks
    Linda

Linda

it wont let me pm you

I am not sure why that is happening.

Maybe click on the link which is under any of my colleagues signatures as you should be able to send it. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Please click here if you need to send a Private Message

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement