Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change counting machine

Options
  • 11-09-2013 10:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

is there still a machine in supervalu for dumping **** coins in and getting actual usable money out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yup and it charges 12.5 % for using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Count it into bags and lodge it into your bank account.

0% in fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I wouldn't be happy to hand over 12.5% of my money.

I don't consider it that much money. Go into a bank and ask for lots of cash bags. Sort the coins. Return to said bank with coins in correct amounts.

A lot of places seem to be reluctant to take coins even in the correct bagged amounts these days so I'd go straight to the bank. Doesn't even have to be your own bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Turns out it does now. only found out yesterday when i opened a boi account. They only do coinage free for customers, full bags only and coming soon....certain days of the week!!! They have nailed their customer relations.

Plus added problem of their opening hours does not help

My bank is Ulster Bank.

UB was closed and changed in PTSB without question. It was a couple of months back though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

When you bag the your coins and bring it into the bank, the tellers weigh it instead of counting it.

lucylu wrote: »
    When you bag the your coins and bring it into the bank, the tellers weigh it instead of counting it.

So do a lot of shops at the end of a trading day.

Advertisement