Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My mare accessing a river from my land

Options
  • 11-09-2013 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi does anyone know what the law is on my mare accessing a river from my land? I have up to now used water away from the river but would be easier to let her access river, I just own land on one side though and have a very fussy neighbour who owns land on the other side, I'm predicting she will kick up about it, I would like to be ready if she does, the riverbank on her side is very secure there is no chance of my mare entering her land. Opinions/advice would be appreciated. P.s I'm not one to upset neighbours :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Have you talked to your neighbour about it? Its really between you and her. Also, have you checked the land around the river to make sure it's safe for a horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jeanmx

Yes the land is safe and access to the river is safe, all is good I pre empted this neighbour complaining and they havent. thanks for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

sup_dude wrote: »
    Have you talked to your neighbour about it? Its really between you and her. Also, have you checked the land around the river to make sure it's safe for a horse?

Check your land maps and see where the actual boundary lies. By your description it lies on their side of the river which means the river is part of your property, which meand its none of their business. Its also taken to mean the responsibility for fencing is theirs and not yours..

Providing your not claiming it under reps/aeos you can allow animals access to the river for drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jeanmx

Thanks for advice bbam I think all is well as I havent heard from neighbour. I had horses on the land accessing the river for many years in the past but this neighbour is new to the area (well 4 yrs) so was wondering what my position was, cheers no reps/aeos claims

Advertisement