Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about switching providers.

• 11-09-2013 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Currently with Eircom, looking to go to Sky.Looking for advice.

Should I go straight to Sky and let them sort it, or cancel Eircom myself and then approach Sky.
    I realise I need to give Eircom 30 days notice, so preferably would only want Sky to start in or around Eircom stopping.
    I need to keep my current phone number also, if that makes a difference to the proceedure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

My advice is not to leave Sky sort it, make sure you have complied with Eircom's conditions first. Switching without encountering some problem is difficult, I would use emails to get as much information from these companies as possible, so I had a record of advice received. Possible things to consider, full 30 days notice to Eircom, loss of service until Sky can take over, reconnection charge (you will still be using Eircom's network, I think Sky have an agreement with BT to use this).

There was no problem keeping my current number.

I am still trying to sort out problems after my switch to Sky in April this year. Sky said they would handle the process for me & that there was no need to contact Eircom, however I ended up being fined €51 by Eircom for not giving 30 days notice. While Sky knew in advance this would happen they say it is incorrect and to contact ComReg, don't expect much from them if things go wrong. One other consideration, I was promised 15Mbps, it started less than 1Mbps, after their set up error was fixed it went to 14Mbps and has been dropping since, yesterday it was around 1.3Mbps

Advertisement