Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trappatoni no longer ROI manager!

• 11-09-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Just confirmed on sky!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Muppet Delaney on Pat Kenny now, whoever wants to listen to his guff...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

I'm actually surprised the FAI acted so quick. Right decision in my opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

telekon wrote: »

He should be packing his bags too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Will it mean much of a payout?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Hoping now someone in the FAI grows a set and Delaney gets the elbow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

thank you Trap.

it was the right time to go though.

John Delaney out next, and we might be able to get some actual shít done to improve Irish football as a whole, and in doing so, help the Irish team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

The FAI have a lot to answer for. They had the opportunity to get ride of Trap a number of months ago whilst we still had a lot to play for in the group.

The boost that would have given everything going into 2 must win games.

Instead they stuck with Trap. Sickening.

Friday and Last night really was shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

he leaving after this campaign so with qualification ended, it gives us longer to replace him and get a new manager in the job before the next qualifiers start next September.

Be fair to Trapattoni his first two rounds of qualifying were excellent. The late draw and defeat to Austria and Sweden at Lansdowne is this campaign nailed us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

telekon wrote: »

What a man to talk sh!te!! Actually sounds like he hasn't got a clue about what's happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

wow. didnt expect it this quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

He should be packing his bags too.

Not disagreeing but why do you say this?

The FAI have a lot to answer for. They had the opportunity to get ride of Trap a number of months ago whilst we still had a lot to play for in the group.

The boost that would have given everything going into 2 must win games.

Instead they stuck with Trap. Sickening.

Friday and Last night really was shambolic.
    Why would you get rid of a manager who so nearly got us to the World Cup in 2010, and got us the lasts years Euros for the first time in 24 years midway through our group stage? he deserved to see out this campaign which he has done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

First of all I want to say thanks to Trap.. the first 3 years even though at times frustrating he got us to playoff and major championships.

We cant forget that.

But he got us so far and we have went backwards so quickly since June last year.

Had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

What a farce. Cant even sack someone right. Should have let him see out the campaign and bring in a fresh face for the spring.
    Will probably get Givens in as a caretaker now.

Who else is out there to take over. Don't think Martin o Neill is the answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good timing. We are out of this World Cup reckoning, so the new man, Martin O Neill, will have the remainder of this campaigns games to put his stamp on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Thanks Trap

It was time but your first 4 years where what we needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Better chance of us making it to Rio than Delaney leaving his post any time soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Right decision at this stage. To give Trap his due, he did get us into the Euros and was a highly controversial refereeing call from getting us into a World Cup. Hopefully somebody who will get Ireland playing some decent football will be appointed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No Farce here.

Trap had to go now. quick and simple. We needed this break.

Next up delaney has to resign. There is just too much wrong with grassroots football in this country that i cant see how is position is tenable either.

i genuinely hope he's remembered fondly in Irish football history.

just because it was the right time to go does not mean he did not do a good job in the main.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

For a guy to be in a job for as long as he has and not be able to speak english says what he really thought of it!

He should have been out long ago.....I can now watch them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Needed to be done. Glad it's over.

.... and he ruined our Euro 2012 song by making us easy to beat

Hannibal wrote: »
    Why would you get rid of a manager who so nearly got us to the World Cup in 2010, and got us the lasts years Euros for the first time in 24 years midway through our group stage? he deserved to see out this campaign which he has done.

The writing was on the wall for everyone to see that's why.

The way he set us up tactically in the Euro's and early in this campaign should have sent alarm bells to anyone with anything between the 2 ears.

And the results reflected this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Should never have been given a contract before the Euros last summer. That has cost us any chance we had of gaining qualification for this world Cup.

When you have idiots like Delaney giving managers 2 year contracts before a Euros its not surprising to see the state Irish football is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Not disagreeing but why do you say this?

He's over saw some of the most shambolic FAI moments, handling of Saipan, Staunton appointment, delaying this inevitable situation today when it needed to be done earlier in this campaign like someone above pointed out when we could have salvaged something with a fresh approach, his general and utter shíte clueless talk just to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hannibal wrote: »

Its not midway, we've only 2 games left.

John Delaney on Newstalk:
    If the FAI hadn't given Trap new contract before Euros, the association would have got blame for results.

covering their own asses before looking out for the national team.

fúck off.

make no mistake about it, the FAI is the enemy here, not Trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

BOOM Happy days. The man is a dinosaur. I would imagine a lot of the players he has pissed off are quite happy to see the back of him.

Now get Chris Hughton (not gona happen but is my preference)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Good riddance, didn't want him from the start. Will take an awful lot of bridge-building now to get players that he ostracized back on board. As well as building back up the confidence of the players that played under him and were constantly told they weren't good enough.

• Advertisement

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    What a farce. Cant even sack someone right. Should have let him see out the campaign and bring in a fresh face for the spring.

anyone but Givens, I'd rather Roddy Collins as caretaker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Thanks for the memories Trap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

his english was poor...how the hell were the players suppose to understand him in the dressing room, i could never understand him in the post match interviews

On the plus side I stand to make few quid from all this on exchanges if the last time is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Haha, loving those texts being read out by Pat.:D

Go on, defend yourself and your obscene salary again Delaney...

If your time is up, its up. It would be a farce to leave him there knowing that the inevitable is going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Arrivederci Trap. I wonder who footed the bill for this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If Trap had the "dignity" that Brady spoke of him having so bloody often he would have resigned last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I really, really hope some of the FAI follow him out the door, namely J.Delaney, its not going to happen but that organisation needs a change to help football from the very bottom up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SlickRic wrote: »
    John Delaney on Newstalk:

covering their own asses before looking out for the national team.

fúck off.

make no mistake about it, the FAI is the enemy here, not Trap.

Reminds when Staunton got the bullet when Delaney said that he didn't appoint him but the FAI board did.

Anyhow, worrying times ahead, looks like O'Neill is the chosen one and I think our future could be bleak.

Brian McDermott:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Who is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

He's over saw some of the most shambolic FAI moments, handling of Saipan, Staunton appointment, delaying this inevitable situation today when it needed to be done earlier in this campaign like someone above pointed out when we could have salvaged something with a fresh approach, his general and utter shíte clueless talk just to name a few.

Ah come on. The Staunton one I'll give you. An appointment devoid of any common sense. Completely dumb.

He wasn't head of the FAI during Saipan.

The decision today probably should have been made months ago but it's hardly a decision completely devoid of sense to have kept Trap at that point in time. Certainly not a sackable offence.

I would have thought things like the FAI's handling of the domestic league, the ticketing fiasco for the Aviva etc. would be higher up on the list of reasons to get rid of Delaney. I'd like to see him (or someone else) lay out the case for him to stay. What's he done/achieved/overseen that's been positive in his tenure.

Delaney can't be judged solely on the fortunes of the senior team and its manager. That's way too narrow a focus for a man with his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If Trap had the "dignity" that Brady spoke of him having so bloody often he would have resigned last night.

How do you know he didn't?

He doesn't have to announce it on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I'm very very surprised that the FAI did it so quick. Very unlike them to be so incisive

Maybe Denis O'Brien was on the blower last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

SlickRic wrote: »
    i genuinely hope he's remembered fondly in Irish football history.

Fair enough, but he won't be. Among other things he alienated many players, had us playing the worst kind of football imaginable, destroyed the concept of 'fortress Lansdowne' and to top it off didn't even bother to learn the language after five years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Delaney on Pat Kenny said the national team was only about 4% of the work he does. With the state of the league at the moment Im struggling to figure out what the other 96% is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Should never have been given a contract before the Euros last summer. That has cost us any chance we had of gaining qualification for this world Cup.

When you have idiots like Delaney giving managers 2 year contracts before a Euros its not surprising to see the state Irish football is in.

I honestly do not get this :confused: and never have.

He got us to the Euros. Regardless of how lucky I felt we were to get there, for a country of our size to not give him another contract before it would have been lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

time was up for Trapp - my choice would be Sir Alex ;-)

Daniel McDonnell ‏@McDonnellDan

Pat Kenny asks Delaney about volume of messages calling for him to walk. He says international football is 3pc or 4pc of what he does.

someone enlighten me as to what else he fúcking does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i hope we don't get Martin O'Neill in as manager

• Advertisement
Advertisement