Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling out of house sale - incurring fee from estate agent?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Are you satisfied that it has been answered? If the EA has introduced a person to you who is willing and able to purchase at a price that you agree is reasonable, then the EA's job is done and he or she is entitled to the full fee. It is normal for EAs to seek a fee where the vendor subsequently withdraws from the sale, and some will seek the full fee.

Yes I am:)
    My responses we either to answer questions re: tracker and porting or to point out that I wasn't going to be the wagon that some posters assumed I was, it was always my intention to the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Was in a similiar situation as yourself good few years ago. The estate agent had no sale no fee.

We pulled out of sale for a number of reasons. We didnt get a bill from estate agent. Did your agent have a policy of no sale no fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yoloc

mad m wrote: »
    Was in a similiar situation as yourself good few years ago. The estate agent had no sale no fee.

We pulled out of sale for a number of reasons. We didnt get a bill from estate agent. Did your agent have a policy of no sale no fee?

Thats what i always thought EA done business.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yoloc

OP, what would happen if you accepted an offer for your home, something popped up in the survey and the buyers pulled out or couldn't agree another price. do you think the EA would still have billed you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Surely no sale no fee would apply to them not finding you a buyer? This has not been the case here; they found a buyer and would expect that the sale would complete as intended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement