Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bombay Bicycle Club - Irish Tour

Options
  • 11-09-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

From the Bombay Bicycle Club Facebook Page:

"Hey everyone,

After spending so much time in the studio recording the next album it's time to get back to playing some shows.

In November we're coming to Ireland to do a week's shows to whip these new songs into shape as well as play the old ones.

It's our first time playing in some of these towns so if you live there bring your mum, dad and perhaps the family dog too while you're at it.

Here are the dates and show info. Tickets are on sale Friday at 9AM

November 20th: Dolan's, Limerick 18+
    November 21st: INEC, Killarney 14+
    November 22nd: The Forum, Waterford 14+
    November 24th: Set Theatre, Kilkenny 18+
    November 25th: The Academy, Dublin 14+
    November 26th: Limelight 2, Belfast 18+
    November 27th: The Nerve Centre, Derry 14+

BBC x"

Can't wait to see them in Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Excellent.
    I'll be going to the KK one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Excellent. Discovered these guys at EP 12 and was very impressed. Listened to their albums since, and also very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

quality band - been listening to them since their early demo's went online back in 2008 - seen them live in Vancouver, Canada...defo one of my fave bands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Tickets sorted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sorted for KK too.
    Website is down, so i booked over the phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Nice one, just got tickets for Derry, be nice to go to a gig which doesn't involve a long hike to Dublin or Belfast for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Forum in Waterford don't use TicketMaster, they have their own in-house booking: http://www.forumwaterford.ie/book/785005/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Got tickets for Waterford and Kilkenny, should be a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Soak is supporting for all dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Saw them in Waterford, got in the door first and got right up front row and centre. Was a brilliant gig in fairness, seemed to really enjoy playing the stuff off the new album! Relatively short setlist (Only 13 songs and a 2 song encore) but was absolutely brilliant. Got Jack's setlist and pick which I was delighted about!

Anyone have a version of the new song 'Overdone' I could listen to? Been banging around in my head ever since they played it and it's killing me not being able to listen to its entirety! There's a video of it up on youtube alright but it's only about 40 seconds long :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Saw them when they played the Savoy in Cork. Not surprised they didn't come back, the crowd was rife with 'up their own h*le' muppets. The lads were brilliant but the crowd really bugged me and I think BBC got a bit of that as well. :pac:

Shame really cause I know some people who went to the Dublin gig and it (apparently) had a much better atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Saw them when they played the Savoy in Cork. Not surprised they didn't come back, the crowd was rife with 'up their own h*le' muppets. The lads were brilliant but the crowd really bugged me and I think BBC got a bit of that as well. :pac:

Shame really cause I know some people who went to the Dublin gig and it (apparently) had a much better atmosphere.

No encore?

Similar set in Limerick as Waterford - came back on for 2 songs. Set was short but excellent - nice mix of old and new album tracks (which sounded very good).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Had that feeling as well at Waterford. Fellas roaring their head off during quiet songs, they did a ring-a-rosie during Soak which was just ridiculous. Though at the National a few weeks ago the lads sitting next to me were up and down every two seconds for pints so you're always gonna find someone :rolleyes:
    keith_d99 wrote: »
    No encore?

Similar set in Limerick as Waterford - came back on for 2 songs. Set was short but excellent - nice mix of old and new album tracks (which sounded very good).

Was an encore of two songs which I'm including, I mean I coul see the playlist easily (And nabbed it along with his pick :pac: ) so I knew how short it was going to be, was good like I said but just wished they had played 4 or 5 more songs, wheras at other gigs I felt fairly satisfied

Advertisement