Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change from current account to 3rd level student account

Options
  • 11-09-2013 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi

Last week I changed from my normal current account to a 3rd level student account in my local branch. I rang this morning just to check it had been done and wanted to check on how the fees I had run up between 19th of August and changing my account to student would be paid/worked out and was surprised to be told that as we had just entered the next quarter I will still be charged fees until the midde of November.
    I was never told that this would happen and to be honest I think its ridiculous. Is my only option now to cancel my account and open a 3rd level account elsewhere to get fee free banking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi frogstomper,

Thanks for getting in touch.

What you were advised on the phone is correct and apologies that this was not made clear to you when you visited the branch. Once a fee quarter has started any changes to an existing account type cannot come into effect until the next fee quarter starts. 

We would be very sorry to lose you as a customer and perhaps a Customer Advisor in your branch can check if there are any alternative options available to you.

Thanks and the best of luck with your studies.
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 22 frogstomper

Thanks. My branch are supposed to be calling me back. To be honest it seems crazy that as an existing customer I was told that I needed proof of the date I was starting before I could change, which was only going to come when I got my registration pack from college. This was always going to be September so I could never avoid paying fees for the quarter ending in November. I've had a BOI account for the last 10 years with no problem and this has just been really disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi frogstomper,

This is not required for you to prove to us that you are in college. We need to have documentation on file that the account type we have provided you with is the best product we have to suit your needs. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement