Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just submitted meter reading, will I get an adjusted bill?

Options
  • 11-09-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi,

My first bill at a new address, dated 4th of September arrived this week. It was an estimated bill which was very high. I submitted a meter reading today. Was this submitted too late to receive a new adjusted bill?

Thanks,

Wayne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Wayne,

That's perfect. It is only too late to submit a reading in the two weeks prior to a bill. Immediately or shortly after receiving a bill is the ideal time to have it corrected, as it allows for the maximum window of time (or close to it) before your next bill.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, do let us know - here or by private message.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Hi Wayne,

That's perfect. It is only too late to submit a reading in the two weeks prior to a bill. Immediately or shortly after receiving a bill is the ideal time to have it corrected, as it allows for the maximum window of time (or close to it) before your next bill.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, do let us know - here or by private message.

Regards,
    Una
    Would it be possible also to check if I'm signed up for direct debit payment? My landlord originally signed me up for my account and I'm not sure if he gave my account details for this. I'll send you a PM with my account details now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Wayne,

We can indeed check this, so long as you are the named Electric Ireland account-holder, and we would request that you do not quote your bank details in the private message (quoting them partially, starring out most elements, is fine though - but only do so if really necessary).

Regards,
    Una

Hi Wayne,

We can indeed check this, so long as you are the named Electric Ireland account-holder, and we would request that you do not quote your bank details in the private message (quoting them partially, starring out most elements, is fine though - but only do so if really necessary).

Regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

I am indeed the named account holder. I've just PM'ed my ESB account number to you.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

I've just signed up for direct debit payments via the link you sent me and I sent you one last question about this matter via PM.

Thanks for all your help so far,

Wayne.

• Advertisement

Hi Una,

I've replied to your latest PM. I think there's a problem with my bill as this bill is charging me for a very large usage(519units daytime and 896units nightime) leading to a bill of 226.11 euro. But given the estimated usage you quoted me (126units daytime and 127untis nightime) in your PM it should be much much less. Is this discrepancy a mistake?

Advertisement