Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bakes to take to BBQs

Options
  • 11-09-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I'd probably do a Baileys Tiramisu but not sure I want to go buying a bottle of Baileys so any other suggestions for (not too complicated) what kind of bakes go down well at a BBQ cupcakes might be too kiddyish..am not great with grown up bakes but any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Brownies, whipped cream and raspberries, mmm!
    I also usually do a lemon meringue pie with homemade lemon curd, a bit fiddly but such a showstopper that pretty much everyone loves :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I find that a good Banoffee Pie or a pavlova always go down well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

+1 on pavlova. Look great and relatively light on the tummy if people have been stuffing themselves.

Eclairs or choux buns are popular.

Good old marshmallows on sticks for melting with a bit of chocolate sauce?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I always make a big pavlova. It's the easiest thing to make and really has the wow factor.
    You won't go wrong if you use Delia Smith's recipe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Madiller29

+ 3 on the pavlova or a nice tart with fresh cream ( apple & blackberry, Rhubarb & Strawberry)

• Advertisement
Advertisement