Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V & Amazon

• 11-09-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Have many pre-ordered this from Amazon?

If so are you getting it sent to Ireland or Parcel Motel? Right now on my Orders page it says "Delivery estimate Friday 20 Sep 2013 - Saturday 21 Sep 2013" to my Irish address - worried I'm not going to have it for release date :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I just used free super saver to home, I'm not bothered enough to fork out for a couple of extra days of ownership so I'm not much help :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

brk3 wrote: »

If so are you getting it sent to Ireland or Parcel Motel? Right now on my Orders page it says "Delivery estimate Friday 20 Sep 2013 - Saturday 21 Sep 2013" to my Irish address - worried I'm not going to have it for release date :(

Get it sent via parcel motel and it'll be free shipping. They're also shipping it on the Saturday so you'll have it on the Tuesday release date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Using amazon alone, you will unlikely get it for release date.
    With PM you increase your chances of having it for release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Elmidena wrote: »
    I just used free super saver to home, I'm not bothered enough to fork out for a couple of extra days of ownership so I'm not much help :o

Same here, pre-ordered with super saver delivery. I can wait an extra day or two to play it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Same again, took the free delivery, if it's a day or three late then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I went with the free first class delivery, then via PM I should have it in my hands by next Wednesday at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ordered on amazon too. I am not expecting it to get on launch, but I expect it to be here before saturday. Launch date is tuesday world wide, so should be okay.

40eu and few days later is better then 65eu on launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ordered on amazon too. I am not expecting it to get on launch, but I expect it to be here before saturday. Launch date is tuesday world wide, so should be okay.

40eu and few days later is better then 65eu on launch.

This!!!!! I can be content that when I see folks playing on my friends list at midnight they paid €25 more than me for the privilege, for that kind of saving I can wait. €25 ísn't exactly chump change these days :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Any idea if Tesco will be doing a deal?

Just preordered there but if Tesco end up doing it for €40-45 I'll try and cancel and go with that instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

calex71 wrote: »
    This!!!!! I can be content that when I see folks playing on my friends list at midnight they paid €25 more than me for the privilege, for that kind of saving I can wait. €25 ísn't exactly chump change these days :o

i paid 53 for it. so meh, il have it at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Elmidena wrote: »

Same here, I'd like to have it on the release day but if not, Saints Row 4 is keeping me entertained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Not in a rush to start it, I want to have a few free days to give it time not rush into it then not play it for a few days and get detached again from the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I live in Derry, was £35 with free first class delivery, will be surprised if its not there on Tuesday, though not particularly bothered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Should have it by Thursday or Friday hopefully,costing me roughly 50euro from amazon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I expect a BIG day one patch....so all those midnight buyers gagging to launch the game at 12.30am are in for a shock!.....1GB+ patch incoming!....lol!, that'll take the wind out of yer sails lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

I pre - ordered using PM and got release day shipping for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mines showing the same 20th, I'm expecting to get it quicker than that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Could you pick it up on release day in a shop if amazon don't get it out by then and then bring amazon copy back with receipt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I expect a BIG day one patch....so all those midnight buyers gagging to launch the game at 12.30am are in for a shock!.....1GB+ patch incoming!....lol!, that'll take the wind out of yer sails lads!!

Has there been any announcement when it comes to a patch being released on the release day? I have yet to find one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Should have it by Thursday or Friday hopefully,costing me roughly 50euro from amazon.

:eek: How is it costing you 50EU ? it was 35gbp when I checked last.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

calex71 wrote: »
    :eek: How is it costing you 50EU ? it was 35gbp when I checked last.

I picked the standard delivery option,so I'd have it for the weekend,so that's 4.86 and then vat of 7 something,do ye think If I just went with super saver I'd get it that week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I picked the standard delivery option,so I'd have it for the weekend,so that's 4.86 and then vat of 7 something,do ye think If I just went with super saver I'd get it that week?

If you choose free super saver delivery it should come to £35.87 and you should have it by the Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Last time I ordered something on Super Saver delivery (about 2 weeks ago), it took a week from dispatch to when I got it (in Cork), so assuming it's sent on the Monday, could easily not get it by the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

titan18 wrote: »
    Last time I ordered something on Super Saver delivery (about 2 weeks ago), it took a week from dispatch to when I got it (in Cork), so assuming it's sent on the Monday, could easily not get it by the weekend.

I am 100% sure super saver and standard delivery are same. I used both and I gave up on standard one. Delivery times were same. Its all handled by post anyway.

P.s. TV is bombarded with GTA V ads.

I'm taking no chances lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I am 100% sure super saver and standard delivery are same. I used both and I gave up on standard one. Delivery times were same. Its all handled by post anyway.

P.s. TV is bombarded with GTA V ads.
    I was looking after a relative in Liverpool this summer. My flight home was on Thursday and I ordered a counter-top cooker for him on the previous Tuesday. I asked if he wanted free shipping, which would arrive after I left and thus I couldn't show him how to use it, or pay £14 for in to arrive at latest Thursday morning. He opted for free as item was expensive by itself, and it arrived THE NEXT DAY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's only a day difference between them and with the normal delays or maybe some luck it's not much of a difference. I've ordered some stuff on a Sunday morning and gotten it Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I was ordering a last minute present for someone last Friday evening and was tempted to pay for the express delivery which said I'd have it by Wednesday, decided to go for super saver free delivery and had it by Tuesday :P

Like others have said, feck paying an extra €15 - 25 to have it 1, maybe 2 days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Hi boards
    I want to order gta 5 off amazon I was wondering will they deliver on the day of release If I pick the express shipping or super saver can anyone enlighten me thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hi boards
    I want to order gta 5 off amazon I was wondering will they deliver on the day of release If I pick the express shipping or super saver can anyone enlighten me thanks

Free Super Saver delivery is 4-5 business days, so you'll probably get it a day or two after release with that.

Standard is 3-4 business days but a lot of people say there isn't much difference between that and the free super saver.

Express shipping is 1-2 business but I've never used that so I'm not sure how quick it is. But I did check it out on Amazon and it works out €30 more expensive, which seems insane to me.

I am not paying 30 quid I was looking at this website they apparently ship before release date
    http://www.shopto.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am not paying 30 quid I was looking at this website they apparently ship before release date
    http://www.shopto.net/

I've used shopto on several occasions. They are good but again I doubt you will receive it on release day.

Why not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why not?

Based in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Based in the UK.

Retro is right. If they are shipping from the UK the day before release you will not get it the next day if you are based in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Mentioned plenty of times but use ParcelMotel, Use the PM Antrim address on amazon and choose free first class delivery, You should have it Wednesday at the very latest using that method. Thats how I've ordered it anyway. Costs you 3.50 for Parcel Motel but still works out alot cheaper than gamestop etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Express shipping is 1-2 business but I've never used that so I'm not sure how quick it is. But I did check it out on Amazon and it works out €30 more expensive, which seems insane to me.

Express has been next day for me the two times I used it. Work stuff rather than personal, way too expensive tbh.

I will try the parcelmotel why antrim is it because its in northern Ireland and for amazon or shopto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Amazon dispatched mine to my parcel motel address today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Threads merged, there's absolutely no need for two thread asking the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Amazon dispatched mine to my parcel motel address today

Are you serious? How long does it usually take to get from antrim parcel motel to your local one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Anyone ordering from the UK should give Zavvi a try, they're much quicker than Amazon, a little more expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Are you serious? How long does it usually take to get from antrim parcel motel to your local one?

Yeah got the email at around 1400. Its a while since used parcel motel but normally a day but I think that was during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Am I the only one buying it online and downloading it to my console? It's 17.2GB in size on PS3. There's actually a 75% discount on all Rockstar games if you buy the PSN store version if anyone's interested in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Anyone ordering from the UK should give Zavvi a try, they're much quicker than Amazon, a little more expensive though.

I have ordered from most online retailers that ship games to Ireland at this point. Zavvi were consistently the slowest. So much so that I've stopped using them. Amazon have always been the fastest. I'd be interested to know how many purchases you're basing your opinion on?

Am I the only one buying it online and downloading it to my console? There's actually a 75% discount on all Rockstar games if you buy the PSN store version if anyone's interested in that.

I am, the download was supposed to begin today but no money has been taken yet, so who knows what's going on.

I have ordered from most online retailers that ship games to Ireland at this point. Zavvi were consistently the slowest. So much so that I've stopped using them. Amazon have always been the fastest. I'd be interested to know how many purchases you're basing your opinion on?

I only mentioned Zavvi because I ordered some blu rays from them and had them in about 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mothb

no chance getting it from amazon on the release date! its the cheapest around if you select the free shipping but itl take about a week, dont think many will wait that long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    I am, the download was supposed to begin today but no money has been taken yet, so who knows what's going on.

Really? I haven't actually pre-ordered it yet (no rush, right?) but I've never pre-ordered games before since I never saw the point to it (there's never a shortage of copies this day and age). How does pre-ordering typically work on the PSN store?

Really? I haven't actually pre-ordered it yet (no rush, right?) but I've never pre-ordered games before since I never saw the point to it (there's never a shortage of copies this day and age). How does pre-ordering typically work on the PSN store?

Well usually there is a date when you can pre load the game, meaning you can download the game but it won't be playable until the release date. In the case of GTA5 Sony state on the PS store the money will be taken from your account starting from the 13th. It will become playable on midnight on Monday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement