Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V & Amazon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

DowDow wrote: »
    it was actually only yesterday it dispatched so i guess its fair enough but paid the extra few quid for standard delivery hoping it would speed things up, ended up only saving me a fiver if i had grabbed it in the shop! tempted to do that now but cant be arsed sending the game back to amazon

Standard and super saver are the same delivery method

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DowDow

RasTa wrote: »
    Standard and super saver are the same delivery method

yeah figured as much, thought a fiver be worth chancing it incase it was a day or two early, that is what it says on amazon after all like 5-7 days super saver 2-4 standard or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Got an email off Amazon saying mine was about to be dispatched and delivery exprected 20th/21st so hopefully it arrives to play over the weekend. Ordered Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Just got mine in the post, dispatched Monday. Wasn't expecting until tomorrow.....happy days!

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Just got mine in the post, dispatched Monday. Wasn't expecting until tomorrow.....happy days!

was that super saver delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mine is here too! Woooo!

It's installing now. Only 5000 more MB's to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

was that super saver delivery?

Yup!

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Yup!
    sweet! enjoy raggin that **** up anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Mine came through parcel motel, if I'm not sighted for weeks don't disturb me in my room :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭limnam

Amazon - Dispatched Monday - Super Saver. Got it today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Me and the lads that got ours dispatched yesterday might get lucky tomorrow so and get ours hopefully.

Me and the lads that got ours dispatched yesterday might get lucky tomorrow so and get ours hopefully.

lets hope so! be worth the wait! kinda enjoyed this sickening wait in a strange way, like christmas as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Dispatched Monday came today:D Happy Days.

Pity I've work now at 4.30:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Got confirmation from home that it arrived today. Dispatched Monday using Super Saver like everyone else.

Won't get home until after 8 though and then there's the Barcelona match to be watched. Probably won't get a chance to play much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Got mine delivered today.. Installed it but the disc 2 won't read :mad:

I installed the 1st disc and then turned off the Xbox but it just won't read disc 2.

Have tried the usual stuff and the disc is clean, when I put back in the install cd it says to insert disc 2 then it takes a few boot ups and its shows the screen saying loading story mode but that crashes after a few seconds...I'm so pissed off..

Anyone else got this problem or any suggestions or is it straight back to amazon??? Cheers in advance

On the Xbox menu screen it just won't read the play disc yet the install one works fine..uggggh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

madma wrote: »

I installed the 1st disc and then turned off the Xbox but it just won't read disc 2.

Have tried the usual stuff and the disc is clean, when I put back in the install cd it says to insert disc 2 then it takes a few boot ups and its shows the screen saying loading story mode but that crashes after a few seconds...I'm so pissed off..

Anyone else got this problem or any suggestions or is it straight back to amazon??? Cheers in advance

On the Xbox menu screen it just won't read the play disc yet the install one works fine..uggggh
    Have a read around these forums.. I saw somewhere that there's something different you do with xBox installations of GTAV.
    I don't have one so I didn't read too much into it (to help anyone) when I saw it.
    PeteK* wrote: »
    Dispatched at 16:15 Monday 16th
    hrm.PNG

Arrived today.

PeteK* wrote: »
    Have a read around these forums.. I saw somewhere that there's something different you do with xBox installations of GTAV.
    I don't have one so I didn't read too much into it (to help anyone) when I saw it.

Arrived today.

Thanks Petek ill look now, I was onto live chat and all they offered was a refund which is pathetic and it's the first time I've used amazon and I had to push for a replacement which is going to take 2-4 weeks to dispatch..been waiting for 5 years for this and I won't have time to play it then as I've free time from now till then..nearly heartbroken here..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Mine was originally due Friday, got dispatched and was told i would have it thursday. Got it this morning :) For the sake of waiting one day i save about 15 euro from buying in a shop

i feel for ya man that really sucks! i would personally just go to the shop now and grab one and then atleast you can just get a refund from amazon and not have to wait for it to be shipped out to you again

i feel for ya man that really sucks! i would personally just go to the shop now and grab one and then atleast you can just get a refund from amazon and not have to wait for it to be shipped out to you again

I'm thinking the same..I really thought amazon would replace straight away.

I'm trying different things I've e just deleted a lot of stuff off the hard-drive as there was loads on it and a lot of room taken up. I deleted gta and now re- installing it and hoping for a miracle. If not sure ill grab it from the shops. No point in waiting that long for it. Sounds like everyone is loving which is great to hear just wish I could join yas!

• Advertisement

yeah unistall and start again would be my first plan of action and maybe just double check everything on your xbox and dont install the second disc just play it (if it reads obviously) if that doesnt work, CRIME SPREE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm thinking the same..I really thought amazon would replace straight away.

I'm trying different things I've e just deleted a lot of stuff off the hard-drive as there was loads on it and a lot of room taken up. I deleted gta and now re- installing it and hoping for a miracle. If not sure ill grab it from the shops. No point in waiting that long for it. Sounds like everyone is loving which is great to hear just wish I could join yas!

Amazon are out of stock I think that's probably why,I feel for ya too,what a ****ty thing to happen.

Amazon are out of stock I think that's probably why,I feel for ya too,what a ****ty thing to happen.

Yeah I even asked them on live help why they don't have any spares to send out for any faulty ones. Seems a bit unprofessional but sure what can ya do. Ill grab one from the shops hopefully if not sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

So did anyone who got the Dispatched on Monday message NOT get theirs today? I got the same message on monday, with super saver delivery estimate thursady 19th. I specifically asked those at home to let me know if a package arrived today, got no message! I'm hoping its just the idiots at home to blame and it's waiting for me when I get home from work! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

will pay 55 euro plus 1.50 delivery. adverts copies are too dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

MarkY91 wrote: »
    will pay 55 euro plus 1.50 delivery. adverts copies are too dear

HMV Dundrum in Dublin (if you're situated near there) have loads of copies apparently coming from friends who bought them if you want to check them out?

So did anyone who got the Dispatched on Monday message NOT get theirs today? I got the same message on monday, with super saver delivery estimate thursady 19th. I specifically asked those at home to let me know if a package arrived today, got no message! I'm hoping its just the idiots at home to blame and it's waiting for me when I get home from work! :pac:

:( never came

:( never came

Tomorrow is another day :),hopefully we'll all get ours tomorrow :D

Its a killer, I'm getting a flight tomorrow night, wont be back til monday.... was hoping to get a marathon session in tonight, oh well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Predlethe

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just got a mail fromAmazon informing me my PS3 copy has been provided a dispatch ate of September 28th, next Saturday...FML...

I'm in the same boat dude.
    Just been in touch with them and they said it "should" be dispatched on the 20th :mad:
    They flat out told me they have no stock and are waiting on suppliers.

Advertisement