Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V & Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Predlethe wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat dude.
    Just been in touch with them and they said it "should" be dispatched on the 20th :mad:
    They flat out told me they have no stock and are waiting on suppliers.

It's actually fine for me, I'm in no impending rush. It's a single player game, not like its like Diablo or Wow or something where I'm falling behind.

More then happy to hang around for it, it's actually peaked my interest back in console gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Got an email from Amazon this morning my expected delivery date for Xbox 14th of OCTOBER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Got an email from Amazon this morning my expected delivery date for Xbox 14th of OCTOBER

cancel that sh*te!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mine arrived \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DowDow

Mine just arrived,standard delivery dispatched Tuesday, gonna have a fat bong rip now and get cracking hope the rest of you lads get your copy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Arrived, but wont see it til monday night aaahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Predlethe

TheDoc wrote: »
    It's actually fine for me, I'm in no impending rush. It's a single player game, not like its like Diablo or Wow or something where I'm falling behind.

More then happy to hang around for it, it's actually peaked my interest back in console gaming

It's not so much the wait, but the fear of the story being spoiled etc by the time we actually receive it.
    I wan't to go into it knowing nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Hmmm mine was dispatched Tuesday too but it still hasnt arrived at PM up north yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahhh man stuck in college till 4 :-|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I wan't to go into it knowing nothing.
    You're reading the wrong forums then! :pac:

• Advertisement

PeteK* wrote: »
    You're reading the wrong forums then! :pac:

:P
    I still know relatively nothing regarding the story and map.
    Trying to avoid threads & vid's like the plague so I can discover everything myself! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

DowDow wrote: »
    Mine just arrived,standard delivery dispatched Tuesday, gonna have a fat bong rip now and get cracking hope the rest of you lads get your copy

same, no bong for me though

Just cancelled my Amazon order with a smile and went down to the local Tesco to find dozens of copies.
    I'ts installing as we speak. Mission accomplished! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

cena wrote: »
    They have a warehouse in Ireland

For returns, yes. Not for dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I bought it last night on amazon, got an email this morning (thursday morning) to say it was dispatched but estimated delivery is october 4th! Is this accurate or will it come early if already dispatched??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

It might be earlier....
    I ordered for Xbox on 13th, Free Delivery. At first there was no date as they were out of stock from that morning, then on 15th @9pm they emailed to say Dispatching 19th, Estimated arrival 24/25th.
    It ended up being dispatched on 17th, and I got it yesterday (19th) morning :)

It might be earlier....
    I ordered for Xbox on 13th, Free Delivery. At first there was no date as they were out of stock from that morning, then on 15th @9pm they emailed to say Dispatching 19th, Estimated arrival 24/25th.
    It ended up being dispatched on 17th, and I got it yesterday (19th) morning :)

Hopefully im as lucky as you! I dont usually get so impatient for a game! Reminds me of being a kid at xmas haha

Just cancelled my Amazon order with a smile and went down to the local Tesco to find dozens of copies.
    I'ts installing as we speak. Mission accomplished! :cool:

Literally same for me

Was doing the weekly shop and the girlfriend interrupts my serious debacle of what cereal I want, to hand me a box and go" Arn't you going mad for this?"

Loads of copies in Tesco, cancelled my Amazon order,

EDIT: Email arrived saying my order cant be cancelled, yet dispatch moved back to middle of next week. Onto them now via chat to get a cancellation through, makes no sense to hold the order when I'm going to refuse to accept it, and get a refund processed anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Got mine this morning. Loading now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I ordered mine on Monday morning and I got a text from my Parcel Motel at 5.30am so I think its waiting for me there. GTA full weekend, and the gf is in Barcelona until Sunday.....bliss! :)

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    I ordered mine on Monday morning and I got a text from my Parcel Motel at 5.30am so I think its waiting for me there. GTA full weekend, and the gf is in Barcelona until Sunday.....bliss! :)

Xbox or ps3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Xbox or ps3?

PS3.

Well I've been trying to cancel mine since I got a copy yesterday.

Order date kept getting pushed out, this morning Amazon website indictaed it would be October 10th for dispatch. Emailed, went through automated process to cancel, and used live chat. No joy, they said it was in a status that cant be cancelled.

All of a pudin I get a mail saying my GTA got shipped. :O

Thankfully got a really helpful lady on the phone who processed a refund straight away, emailed me labels, and I just need to ship it back on receipt. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Was on here going mad because the game was faulty the other day but thankfully I used the tesco online offer and the game arrived yesterday and still got it for 40 quid..delighted :) just need to get a refund from amazon now.. Loving the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Ordered mine on Tuesday (my brother was originally picking it up for me but at the last minute found out the shop he works in wasn't getting it) and was very pleasantly surprised to find it arrived today. So that's my weekend sorted.

Only problem now is I gotta go back to work and wait another 4 hours to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭circadian

Arrived this morning.

Boss.

Amazon just emailed there they have revised my dispatch date from 14th October to Monday 23rd September (Xbox )

Amazon just emailed there they have revised my dispatch date from 14th October to Monday 23rd September (Xbox )

You should have just cancelled it and went to your nearest Tesco.
    I had mine pre-ordered with amazon until they ran out of stock and said it wasn't due until the 28th.
    So I went to Tesco and saw dozens of copies so picked one up and cancelled my order :)
    Just an idea if you're dying for it like I was.

PS. It's worth the wait, trust me!

You should have just cancelled it and went to your nearest Tesco.
    I had mine pre-ordered with amazon until they ran out of stock and said it wasn't due until the 28th.
    So I went to Tesco and saw dozens of copies so picked one up and cancelled my order :)
    Just an idea if you're dying for it like I was.

PS. It's worth the wait, trust me!

Can you cancel amazon if it dispatches? They have told me its dispatched and date is 25th sept to 4th oct, but i just reserved a copy for pick up tomorrow in argos!

• Advertisement

Dispatched just there ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

Advertisement