Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V & Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I am not paying 30 quid I was looking at this website they apparently ship before release date
    http://www.shopto.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am not paying 30 quid I was looking at this website they apparently ship before release date
    http://www.shopto.net/

I've used shopto on several occasions. They are good but again I doubt you will receive it on release day.

Why not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why not?

Based in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Based in the UK.

Retro is right. If they are shipping from the UK the day before release you will not get it the next day if you are based in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Mentioned plenty of times but use ParcelMotel, Use the PM Antrim address on amazon and choose free first class delivery, You should have it Wednesday at the very latest using that method. Thats how I've ordered it anyway. Costs you 3.50 for Parcel Motel but still works out alot cheaper than gamestop etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Express shipping is 1-2 business but I've never used that so I'm not sure how quick it is. But I did check it out on Amazon and it works out €30 more expensive, which seems insane to me.

Express has been next day for me the two times I used it. Work stuff rather than personal, way too expensive tbh.

I will try the parcelmotel why antrim is it because its in northern Ireland and for amazon or shopto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Amazon dispatched mine to my parcel motel address today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Threads merged, there's absolutely no need for two thread asking the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Amazon dispatched mine to my parcel motel address today

Are you serious? How long does it usually take to get from antrim parcel motel to your local one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Anyone ordering from the UK should give Zavvi a try, they're much quicker than Amazon, a little more expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Are you serious? How long does it usually take to get from antrim parcel motel to your local one?

Yeah got the email at around 1400. Its a while since used parcel motel but normally a day but I think that was during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Am I the only one buying it online and downloading it to my console? It's 17.2GB in size on PS3. There's actually a 75% discount on all Rockstar games if you buy the PSN store version if anyone's interested in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Anyone ordering from the UK should give Zavvi a try, they're much quicker than Amazon, a little more expensive though.

I have ordered from most online retailers that ship games to Ireland at this point. Zavvi were consistently the slowest. So much so that I've stopped using them. Amazon have always been the fastest. I'd be interested to know how many purchases you're basing your opinion on?

Am I the only one buying it online and downloading it to my console? There's actually a 75% discount on all Rockstar games if you buy the PSN store version if anyone's interested in that.

I am, the download was supposed to begin today but no money has been taken yet, so who knows what's going on.

I have ordered from most online retailers that ship games to Ireland at this point. Zavvi were consistently the slowest. So much so that I've stopped using them. Amazon have always been the fastest. I'd be interested to know how many purchases you're basing your opinion on?

I only mentioned Zavvi because I ordered some blu rays from them and had them in about 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mothb

brk3 wrote: »
    Have many pre-ordered this from Amazon?

If so are you getting it sent to Ireland or Parcel Motel? Right now on my Orders page it says "Delivery estimate Friday 20 Sep 2013 - Saturday 21 Sep 2013" to my Irish address - worried I'm not going to have it for release date :(

no chance getting it from amazon on the release date! its the cheapest around if you select the free shipping but itl take about a week, dont think many will wait that long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I am, the download was supposed to begin today but no money has been taken yet, so who knows what's going on.

Really? I haven't actually pre-ordered it yet (no rush, right?) but I've never pre-ordered games before since I never saw the point to it (there's never a shortage of copies this day and age). How does pre-ordering typically work on the PSN store?

Really? I haven't actually pre-ordered it yet (no rush, right?) but I've never pre-ordered games before since I never saw the point to it (there's never a shortage of copies this day and age). How does pre-ordering typically work on the PSN store?

Well usually there is a date when you can pre load the game, meaning you can download the game but it won't be playable until the release date. In the case of GTA5 Sony state on the PS store the money will be taken from your account starting from the 13th. It will become playable on midnight on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Got my dispatch notice from Amazon to say it's on the way to Parcel Motel as well. In theory, it might just get there by Monday evening meaning that I should have it by Tuesday evening to collect on way home from work ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

From Amazon
    Tracking Information:
    LATEST EVENT: Order Received - 11 Sep 2013 01:36:36
    DESCRIPTION: We've started preparing your parcel for delivery and it should leave our facility in the next few hours to a few days. We'll send you an e-mail once your order has dispatched. The length of time your parcel spends in this stage doesn’t change your delivery date.

DELIVERY ESTIMATE TUESDAY 17 SEP 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You have to have the money in your PSN wallet, and that will be taken on release date.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You have to have the money in your PSN wallet, and that will be taken on release date.

It's taken before the release date, I have pre ordered numerous games on the PS Store.

Dispatched now, from Amazon.
    Hello,
    We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Fenix wrote: »
    Dispatched now, from Amazon.

What date did order on? Still waiting for mine to dispatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ian180power

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Got my dispatch notice from Amazon to say it's on the way to Parcel Motel as well. In theory, it might just get there by Monday evening meaning that I should have it by Tuesday evening to collect on way home from work ;).

Do you know what date/month you pre ordered by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've enough Ps+ games to get through so don't mind waiting at all. Guess most people collecting at midnight are 360 heads?

What date did order on? Still waiting for mine to dispatch?

Order Received - 11 Sep 2013 01:36:36

I live in Derry though, so that might have some bearing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Fenix wrote: »
    Order Received - 11 Sep 2013 01:36:36

I live in Derry though, so that might have some bearing?

Cheers, ordered mine 20th Aug, thought they might be processing them in order!

Advertisement