Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V & Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

Im in the same boat :( probably wont have it thursday,friday hopefully.

did you pick 2 day delivery? I really hope to have it by Wednesday at the latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Just after getting mine this afternoon, got the text from parcelmotel and was out the door in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I should stay away from Boards.ie until next friday, as I am running out of space on my "People to kill list". Damn lucky buggers. Amazon are really dicks for dispatching stuff to parcel motel so early and waiting for monday to send out to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I should stay away from Boards.ie until next friday, as I am running out of space on my "People to kill list". Damn lucky buggers. Amazon are really dicks for dispatching stuff to parcel motel so early and waiting for monday to send out to Ireland.

If you used parcel motel it was free first class delivery, but I am surprised to receive it so soon. Would have expected it on Tuesday at the very earliest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

donna 182 wrote: »
    did you pick 2 day delivery? I really hope to have it by Wednesday at the latest

Two day,delivery estimate is thursday/friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Amazon usually overestimates times , well from my experience anyway, I ordered PC parts and got them 2-3 days before the prediction, hopefully that's the case for us with GTA :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burgo wrote: »
    If you used parcel motel it was free first class delivery, but I am surprised to receive it so soon. Would have expected it on Tuesday at the very earliest.

Whats the world like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Was it only people in Dublin using Parcel Motel who got it? Anyone outside Dublin especially Cork get it today? Mine left Belfast at 12:00. I wish I had it now. I wonder where it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

donna 182 wrote: »

That might be a bit of a stretch, whether they decide to actually ship it to Ireland before release date is a mystery.
    Days 298 wrote: »
    Was it only people in Dublin using Parcel Motel who got it? Anyone outside Dublin especially Cork get it today? Mine left Belfast at 12:00. I wish I had it now. I wonder where it is now.

Could be a case that they were all sent to the Dublin depot and then sent on down to Cork?

Two day,delivery estimate is thursday/friday.

Mine is two day delivery but estimates I'll have it tues-wed. Strange because I only switched from normal delivery to 2 day this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Days 298 wrote: »

Ya only Dublin gets same day. From what I can make out it normally goes to the local depot. Put on to a van early morning and then dropped to the motel.

Mine usually end up like below:

Thu 13 Jun 14:59 Belfast Package left depot
    Fri 14 Jun 5:27 Limerick Package received at depot
    Fri 14 Jun 5:27 Limerick Package loaded on delivery van
    Fri 14 Jun 5:28 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Fri 14 Jun 6:30 Limerick Parcel stored in motel

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Friend of mine here in Monaghan got it this afternoon from Amazon. Im fairly raging since I was the one telling him he'd be waiting after the launch date to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just collected mine from parcel motel, what a bunch of legends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Mine still showing as checked-in at the Belfast depot, if I pick it up in Mayo on Monday in the afternoon I will be a happy bunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Mine still showing as checked-in at the Belfast depot, if I pick it up in Mayo on Monday in the afternoon I will be a happy bunny.

Click on your tracking code. Does it say it left the depot?

So jealous that some of ye got it today :( Wish I went down the PM route now, I thought there would only be a day or so in the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Amazon told me (mine) it'll be shipped on the Monday.

Not yet dispatched

Dispatch Estimate Monday 16 Sep 2013
    Delivery estimate Friday 20 Sep 2013 - Saturday 21 Sep 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrnobodyfan87

So where should I buy this in dublin city centre on tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

So where should I buy this in dublin city centre on tuesday?

Tesco might be cheapest, but it's more a case of availability over price at this stage. You might not get it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

BUJYqcHIUAAkk_c.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

It seems Amazon are out of stock for anyone who pre ordered it from yesterday saying "due to high demand, orders placed for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360) from September 13 will be shipped as soon as we receive inventory" just a heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

simon360 wrote: »
    It seems Amazon are out of stock for anyone who pre ordered it from yesterday saying "due to high demand, orders placed for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360) from September 13 will be shipped as soon as we receive inventory" just a heads up.

FFS. Why didnt I preorder it a week ago like I said I would. Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today n all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just ordered it there 45 euro is a steal considering what brick and mortars are charging. If i have it by the weekend ill be happy although it most likely wont be till next week if theyve already run out of pre-orders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just ordered it there 45 euro is a steal considering what brick and mortars are charging. If i have it by the weekend ill be happy although it most likely wont be till next week if theyve already run out of pre-orders

I think it'll be a case that they'll get more stock on Monday, when most places were originally getting their preorder stock in. So you could have it Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm still undecided whether to cancel my order and just preorder it in town and pick it up on the Tuesday, but it'll cost me an extra 20 quid and I've lectures all day Tuesday so chances are I won't really get to play it much anyways.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I think it'll be a case that they'll get more stock on Monday, when most places were originally getting their preorder stock in. So you could have it Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm still undecided whether to cancel my order and just preorder it in town and pick it up on the Tuesday, but it'll cost me an extra 20 quid and I've lectures all day Tuesday so chances are I won't really get to play it much anyways.

Same here, busy college week ahead, one of the reasons why I ordered off amazon, ordered the it standard delivery so should hopefully have it Thursday/Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Only started, but its just amazing :eek:

271809.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

CombatCow wrote: »
    Only started, but its just amazing :eek:

Curious about the "amazing" part? What merits that so quickly?

I remember people claiming the same within seconds of playing GTA4. We all know how that turned out...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Pre-ordered in December , arrived yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

quarryman wrote: »
    Curious about the "amazing" part? What merits that so quickly?

I remember people claiming the same within seconds of playing GTA4. We all know how that turned out...

The scale of the city, the voice acting and script, the graphics on this "gen", the music, driving and shooting controls are spot on, yeah its early to give an overall rating, but so far it's blown me away. *Im 6 hours into it atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

CombatCow wrote: »
    The scale of the city, the voice acting and script, the graphics on this "gen", the music, driving and shooting controls are spot on, yeah its early to give an overall rating, but so far it's blown me away. *Im 6 hours into it atm.

Can you tell us abit more about the graphics. I was very sceptical that the graphical quality seen on the trailers up to now was actually from a PS3 or 360. Is it really a huge leap over Red Dead? Has it got that typical fuzziness always apparent in older games, whats the frame rate like - does it go wonky in heavy action sections?

Advertisement