Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V & Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The FPS seems fine so far even during chases and gunfights, just looking at some of the screenshots on the gta site they are comparative to the ingame visuals yeah, I don't think anyone should be disappointed with them.

The draw distance (which has some fuzziness - to be expected imo), shadows, water effects and lights in the city at night are really great, more so in the desert areas. Also the snow area looked very impressive. I knew there was underwater stuff but until you actually do it you can't really grasp how freeking cool it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Anyone know how long the install takes on ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

My copy is going to be dispatched with the first collection which I presume is monday, It's coming from england is it possible to get it on tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Okay I think I'm going to log off Boards for a few days because of you lucky sods :P I'm fairly jelly :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Got an email from Amazon saying mine will be delivered NEXT Monday :( Kinda thinking of cancelling & chancing my arm at getting it in a shop. Do ya think it will sell out everywhere instantly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Got an email from Amazon saying mine will be delivered NEXT Monday :( Kinda thinking of cancelling & chancing my arm at getting it in a shop. Do ya think it will sell out everywhere instantly?

When did you order?

Friday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Driving into the military base in my tractor only to be met with 3 tanks and 2 attack choppers.Bit of an overreaction I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Squaredude wrote: »
    Driving into the military base in my tractor only to be met with 3 tanks and 2 attack choppers.Bit of an overreaction I think.

"Jihad tractor"? I dont think so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Mine is still checked in in Belfast since 9.38 yestersday morning was hoping to have it in the morning but not looking good now after booking off work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

gotthebug wrote: »
    Mine is still checked in in Belfast since 9.38 yestersday morning was hoping to have it in the morning but not looking good now after booking off work

Click on the tracking number in Your Recent Activity - mine says 'package left depot' i.e. en route from Belfast.

Last package I received also left the Belfast depot over the weekend, it got sent to my local depot, loaded onto the delivery van and put into the locker around noon on the Monday. So you should have yours by lunchtime tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Just got my text, tis in my local motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Ps3 or 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

So we've learned that pre-ordering it months in advance on Amazon can get your game a few days before its official launch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

PeteK* wrote: »
    So we've learned that pre-ordering it months in advance on Amazon can get your game a few days before its official launch!

Nope! I preordered mine 4 days ago (the 11th) and was part of the early dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Just got my text, tis in my local motel.

Hey there Chris.

I can pick this up for you. pm me your number and pin. I'll make sure you get it.

Xbox 360 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

Don't blame them! it was ridiculous sending it on Friday.

....I swear i'm not bitter/jealous at all :P

Ps3 or 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Which method of shipping did you choose? Super saver? Could be a case that they're only getting new stock on Tuesday and then the 3-5 day shipping would give you a Monday delivery date because of no post on the weekend.

Most Gamestops have already stopped taking preorders and won't have much stock left over for normal orders. Same can be said for xtravision.

I'm sure you could probably pick it up in Tesco or something, I remember when Fifa 13 sold out that was where I got my copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Cancelled my preorder. Still no indication of when they'll have the next batch of stock in, and this whole thing about R* having a little hissy fit with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Can parcel motel be used for items that amazon wouldn't normally ship to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

threein99 wrote: »
    Can parcel motel be used for items that amazon wouldn't normally ship to Ireland?

Yes. They give you an UK (Northern Ireland) address to ship to aswell.

Days 298 wrote: »

Nice one, hadn't heard of them before.

Days 298 wrote: »

Nice one, hadn't heard of them before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

My copy is showing as in transit to my local Parcel Motel location, so I'll definitely be able to pick it up tomorrow at lunchtime and have the entire evening to kick things off before the official midnight release :D.

Getting the game a day early and costing just under €45 including delivery, superb service from Parcel Motel (and kudos to Amazon too).

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just after gettin a txt waiting for me in parcel motel be playing for 10

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

PeteK* wrote: »
    I've read about Parcel Motel before, but it confused me and I wasn't sure how to use it! There's one right beside me, too!

There's a video explaining it extremely clearly on their website ffs.
    It's no different than having a parcel delivered to a relative across the border and then them posting it to your own personal post box where you can collect at any time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I remember now why I was confused and left it when I checked it out before.. the parcel sizes!
    Free posting though was cool if free UK delivery is offered by wherever you're buying from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dispatching Now \o/

Advertisement