Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V & Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Picked mine up at Parcel Motel this morning :D

10 hours of work to go through now, just starting at the map :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

For people who just ordered with amazon and not through parcel motel when are ye expecting to have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    For people who just ordered with amazon and not through parcel motel when are ye expecting to have it?

Free delivery? Hopefully by Friday. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

danthefan wrote: »
    Free delivery? Hopefully by Friday. Hopefully.

I'm hoping they'll despatch them today and we'll have them Wednesday.
    If not then they should despatch tomorrow and we'll have them Thursday / Friday at the latest.

I order from amazon a bit and usually get Super Saver deliveries well before their estimated delivery window - usually takes 2 to 3 days from despatch tops.

(That's as long as you ordered before the 16th on PS3 and the 13th on XBox)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/employers-warned-to-watch-out-for-outbreak-of-gta-flu-607074.html
    Employers warned to watch out for outbreak of 'GTA flu'

Health professionals are warning bosses around the country to be on the alert tomorrow for an expected outbreak of a debilitating disease known as 'GTA flu'.

The illness is characterised by the sudden onset of vague, flu-type symptoms including theatrical coughing, exagerrated sniffles and 'a fierce sore throat'.

As the illness develops, sufferers may develop bags under their eyes, strained thumbs and index fingers and a persistant shaking brought on excess sugar, caffeine and Pringles.

The good news is that it is only expected to last a couple of days.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Days 298 wrote: »
    Nope! I preordered mine 4 days ago (the 11th) and was part of the early dispatch.

Damn.. Ordered mine the same day and still hasn't been despatched. Hopefully they'll despatch it later on today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Not yet dispatched... :(

I wonder when they'll receive a new shipment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mine change to Dispatching now after 9 this morning. Have more than one thing order so i'm expecting everything wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My one is still not dispatched too. A bit annoyed to be honest. They better have it by friday this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

Despatching now, estimated delivery is tues-wed...can't wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Anyone have any idea why Gta is now selling for £40 on amazon instead of £35? It's the same with fifa 14, it has gone up by £5 as well. Bit annoying as I was planning on ordering both today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I would guess it is down to their sales strategy. I'd say when they were offering pre-orders with the lower price they were targeting stealing consumers away from other online stores on the lower price, however now they can charge the higher price as they will be competing with people who can't get it in stores as they missed out on pre-orders. Clever feckers :). Speaking of which, must order Fifa '14 now from them before I forget...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Preordered it on Friday afternoon, now showing as dispatching now. Estimated tomorrow or Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Mine says dispatching also but with delivery for Friday or Saturday!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Mine says dispatching also but with delivery for Friday or Saturday!:(

Get onto the online chat with them. My delivery date was sometime in October til I contacted em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Lads, quick question. One of my friends gave me a gamestop card that he didn't want anymore. He isn't sure how much is on it, as it's about 2 months old. He thinks it has 40 odd quid. Anyway to check it online or something? Would love to actually get GTA tonight, rather then waiting until pay day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mine still hasnt dispatched,says delivery thursday or friday.

Mine still hasnt dispatched,says delivery thursday or friday.

Have you chosen the super saver delivery too? I think we'll be lucky if it comes before Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you chosen the super saver delivery too? I think we'll be lucky if it comes before Friday.

No the the other one cant remember the name now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,016 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mister Man wrote: »
    Lads, quick question. One of my friends gave me a gamestop card that he didn't want anymore. He isn't sure how much is on it, as it's about 2 months old. He thinks it has 40 odd quid. Anyway to check it online or something? Would love to actually get GTA tonight, rather then waiting until pay day

Don't think there's any way to check it apart from in-store, but regardless, you'd want to call your local GameStop and see if you'd be able to get the game anyway. They may be out of stock with the number of existing preorders.

• Advertisement

Mine is now on its way :D says estimated delivery is Wed, shipped via DHL express (I chose the 2 day option) last time I had something shipped via DHL express from the UK it arrived the next day...would love if i'm that lucky again :D

also I got the 2 day delivery for free so i'm super happy

How did you get it for free?:0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Bit of a side question but i pre ordered from gamesnash a few weeks ago. Just checked the status there and its said 'packing' since friday. Was hoping it might have been posted out this morning or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Gonna head into the HMV Dundrum Midnight opening, they didn't take any pre-orders so should hopefully pick it up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just picked up mine from Amazon via Parcel Motel in Ballina, happy days ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Lads I ordered from Amazon on the 28th Aug using super saver delivery option to my house.

It has "dispatching now" since this morning but under that it states:

DISPATCH ESTIMATE Thursday 26 Sep 2013
    DELIVERY ESTIMATE Tuesday 1 Oct 2013 - Wednesday 2 Oct 2013

That can't be right can it?

Lads I ordered from Amazon on the 28th Aug using super saver delivery option to my house.

It has "dispatching now" since this morning but under that it states:

DISPATCH ESTIMATE Thursday 26 Sep 2013
    DELIVERY ESTIMATE Tuesday 1 Oct 2013 - Wednesday 2 Oct 2013

That can't be right can it?

As one of the lads above suggested, get onto customer care using the chat feature! They should sort it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

As one of the lads above suggested, get onto customer care using the chat feature! They should sort it for you!

Just been on to them there. They can't confirm when they will receive more stock.. I've a feeling it could be a week before they get the next batch out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still no dispatched for me... :mad: Amazon dont **** with me!

Advertisement