Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V & Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    As one of the lads above suggested, get onto customer care using the chat feature! They should sort it for you!

Thanks .E_C_K_S.,

Was onto them there, they said the problem was I had GTA 5 & Fifa 14 pre-order & had it down as deliver as fewest items,

Cancelled FIFA 14 now have delivery date of 21/22nd Sept, so hopefully have it by Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Asmodean wrote: »
    Bit of a side question but i pre ordered from gamesnash a few weeks ago. Just checked the status there and its said 'packing' since friday. Was hoping it might have been posted out this morning or something.

Packing is the last status it gives...it won't say 'packed'. They are being sent out today...will be in An Post central during the night and posted to you tomorrow.
    That's going on what Pat said in the other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

How did you get it for free?:0

I first preordered over a month ago and at the time it said "free super saver delivery" but actually made me pay for delivery...then I read on here that some people were contacting amazon via chat and mentioning this, then getting the delivery charge refunded. So I did just that..
    Then 2 days ago I went to my shipping options and clicked "2 day" just to see what the cost would be, and it came up as £0.00, guess the customer service agent waived all postage fees instead of just the original one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Mine has been dispatched, parcel motel with 2 day delivery but now showing that it will arrive on Thursday instead of Wednesday like it said yesterday :( sad times....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Lads I ordered from Amazon on the 28th Aug using super saver delivery option to my house.

It has "dispatching now" since this morning but under that it states:

DISPATCH ESTIMATE Thursday 26 Sep 2013
    DELIVERY ESTIMATE Tuesday 1 Oct 2013 - Wednesday 2 Oct 2013

That can't be right can it?

I ordered last week with free delivery and it's showing as dispatch now, delivery estimate 16th September, today! I'm guessing none of them are accurate at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lol, the second I contacted Amazon customer support, I got dispatched email.... :o

Estimate delivery date is thursday 19th. If it will be here on thursday, then I will be one happy bunny.

I have to say, this amazon chat thing is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

feck it i'm cancelling the amazon order, local xtra-vision says they'll have spare copies, supporting irish jobs, yada yada yada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Just picked up mine there. Thanks Amazon :)
    Parcel Motel is the biggest modernization of Ireland in decades :D
    Time to see what the hype is about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lol, the second I contacted Amazon customer support, I got dispatched email.... :o

Estimate delivery date is thursday 19th. If it will be here on thursday, then I will be one happy bunny.

I have to say, this amazon chat thing is fantastic.

How did you do the chat thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

feck it i'm cancelling the amazon order, local xtra-vision says they'll have spare copies, supporting irish jobs, yada yada yada.

Does that mean you can pick one up at midnight or whenever the shop opens tomorrow morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Why not buy on PSN Store USA. for 40.00euro on release day.

All you need is Credit Card and PSN USA account. 60.00 USD-44.00EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Does that mean you can pick one up at midnight or whenever the shop opens tomorrow morning?

They said there open from 11.15 for anyone trading in games, I can trade in a game on my account then and book one of the copies they have. Means i'll have to hang around until 12 but she said i'd get one if I play it that way, I haven't pre-orderd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

amazon still showing "dispatching now" so who knows when they will put in the post.....its like the paddys wait til last!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TheDriver wrote: »
    amazon still showing "dispatching now" so who knows when they will put in the post.....

Same here :mad:

its like the paddys wait til last!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Dispatched at 16:15

hrm.PNG

Update: Arrived today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Got a pre-order sorted for Gamestop, gonna drop into town tonight around 11.30 and pick it up. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Dispatched from the UK in the last hour. Estimated Wednesday but Id imagine it will be Thursday. :/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

amazon still showing "dispatching now" so who knows when they will put in the post.....its like the paddys wait til last!

Same here. A work colleague got his Saturday from Amazon via Parcel Motel. Definitely a case if Paddies last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mine was dispatched today and the estimated delivery day is Thursday. But I did use the the free super saver delivery so I have no complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mine was dispatched today and the estimated delivery day is Thursday. But I did use the the free super saver delivery so I have no complaints.

Same here. New game for 40 quid. Happy days. Waiting 2 days extra is fine by me.

• Advertisement

I wonder what the freaking hold up is,I say it definitely won't be dispatched now tonight :(.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Woo, finally dispatched. I'll be happy to have it Friday, I've a busy week in work so it'll be nice not to have the distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

5uspect wrote: »
    Woo, finally dispatched. I'll be happy to have it Friday, I've a busy week in work so it'll be nice not to have the distraction.
    Busy week for me too, so I'm glad I won't have it for a few days. Mine hasn't dispatched yet though. Really hoping to have it by friday so I can lock myself in with it for the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mine also dispatched after I got onto chat
    Dispatch estimate: 16 Sep 2013
    Delivery estimate: 19 Sep 2013 (More about estimates)
    1 package via An Post

If it was sent via an post it might get here tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Mine just dispatched with delivery for thursday so check your orders people!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved to GTA, better home for the thread!

RasTa wrote: »
    Mine also dispatched after I got onto chat

If it was sent via an post it might get here tomorrow?

I got onto to chat and they've assured me it will be here Thursday/Friday,its still not been dispatched though ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

PeteK* wrote: »
    Dispatched at 16:15

hrm.PNG

is it going to parcel motel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I got onto to chat and they've assured me it will be here Thursday/Friday,its still not been dispatched though ffs.

If they assured you, relax. Jesus! From the tread alone, you can tell people are saying it's not shipped yet, and as it goes on, more orders are shipped. Just imagine the amount of copies of the game they're shipping out tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Mister Man wrote: »
    If they assured you, relax. Jesus! From the tread alone, you can tell people are saying it's not shipped yet, and as it goes on, more orders are shipped. Just imagine the amount of copies of the game they're shipping out tonight.

I was assured a definite release day order through Gamestop.ie – haven't received any dispatch confirmation at all yet.

Advertisement