Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V & Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Mine dispatched evening of the Friday 13th using Parcel Motel using First Class. Still hasn't arrived in Parcel Motel up North... Should I be concerned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Dave 101 wrote: »
    is it going to parcel motel?
    No, it's going to a house, in Louth.
    I got it for my brother.
    He'll be at school whichever day it arrives.
    I'd like to think Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

My Amazon order hadn't shipped by midnight so I just went to Dundrum and bought it! Order cancelled...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I'm a little confused, I thought GTA V Online was going to launched with the game itself? Anyone got a date, if that is BS on my part?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

GTA online is meant to be released 2 weeks after the initial release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

Mine was despatched yesterday evening & it arrived in Dublin at 6am :O looks like I might get it today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i got no tracking with mine

TheDriver wrote: »
    i got no tracking with mine

I picked 2 day delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Mister Man wrote: »
    I'm a little confused, I thought GTA V Online was going to launched with the game itself? Anyone got a date, if that is BS on my part?

I heard two weeks after release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Hah, Checked the tracking history for the parcel. It left Luton, to go to East Midlands airport, then was sent to Cologne Germany before arriving in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still not been dispatched,joke now at this stage.anyone else in the same boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I feel for you, I got confirmation that it was dispatched last night.

What I'd do now is cancel my order and try get to a tesco!

Would you not just cancel the preorder and go get it in a store today? if you've ordered it via the free shipping, even if its despatched today it will probably take another 3/4 days to arrive :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Same here man, I've spoken to them about it and they just keep pointing out that I'm not eligible for realease day delivery (which I've told them I'm aware of) and telling me how to check my order status (which I've also told them I'm aware of). I'm going to check tesco tonight, if it's there I'm cancelling my order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Yeah my order says "Dispatching Now" since yesterday, even though when I got in touch with them they said they were out of stock and waiting on more, which is a bit of a joke. Surely they shouldn't of updated my tracking status to "Dispatching Now" when they're nowhere near having it dispatched.

Mite try get it elsewhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah my order says "Dispatching Now" since yesterday, even though when I got in touch with them they said they were out of stock and waiting on more, which is a bit of a joke. Surely they shouldn't of updated my tracking status to "Dispatching Now" when they're nowhere near having it dispatched.

Thats an absolute joke,when did you order?did they take money?they took money from my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Thats an absolute joke,when did you order?did they take money?they took money from my account.

I ordered Saturday so didn't expect it till later in the week. The estimate said it should be here for Friday, and they reckon it could come by then, but I doubt it.

If I hadn't contacted them myself I'm pretty sure they wouldn't of told me about any of this. I thought that if they were out of stock that they wouldn't be taking anymore pre orders, so assumed they still had them instock when my order when through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Same thing happening to me, I had to send three emails before I got anything approaching an explanation, and even that wasn't satisfactory. They also keep 'reassuring' me that my order will arrive by monday, despite my repeated pointing out that my only complaint is they originally told me it would arrive by Friday. I've now asked how exactly the 'dispatch process' takes over 24 hours, not holding my breath on a reply though. Update: Surprisingly enough, I got a rapid response, although it ignored half of my questions. I have been told that my request has been sent through to their fulfilment department to ensure it will be dispatched ASAP, so for the rest of you waiting it might be worth getting on to them about it. Infuriatingly, they have reminded me for the 4th email in a row that my order will still be delivered by Monday. I would assume this is an automated part of the response but it's been worded slightly differently each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Mine checked in at ParcelMotel Belfast about an hour ago...what do you think the chances of me getting it in Dublin this evening are? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Has anyone ordered the xbox version since Saturday? They seem to be out of stock and have no idea when they're getting more in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

robz18 wrote: »
    Mine checked in at ParcelMotel Belfast about an hour ago...what do you think the chances of me getting it in Dublin this evening are? :/

Any time I've used it before I normally get it the same day around 11ish. Thankfully mine arrived up North this morning as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Any time I've used it before I normally get it the same day around 11ish. Thankfully mine arrived up North this morning as well.

What day did u place order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

robz18 wrote: »

same here hopefully we get them this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

ordered mine off amazon end of august sent to parcel motel.

arrived this morning 7 am and been playing since 8am

all in all cost me 40 euro 50 cents

delighted really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

just checked the parcel motel pic, the box looks a bit big for a game I hav another order in with amazon I hope it not tat on its own, anybody know if amazon will put 2 separate order into the same box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

How do I check if something checked in Belfast on PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Dave 101 wrote: »
    just checked the parcel motel pic, the box looks a bit big for a game I hav another order in with amazon I hope it not tat on its own, anybody know if amazon will put 2 separate order into the same box?
    here's mine for comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can I ask why so many people are using parcel motel here?

I was able to order through amazon.co.uk, pay in Euro, and have my Irish address accepted for free postage.

Why are people using parcel motel for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I ordered Saturday so didn't expect it till later in the week. The estimate said it should be here for Friday, and they reckon it could come by then, but I doubt it.

If I hadn't contacted them myself I'm pretty sure they wouldn't of told me about any of this. I thought that if they were out of stock that they wouldn't be taking anymore pre orders, so assumed they still had them instock when my order when through.

You weren't billed.

They take pre-orders indefinitly and will fill demand, but they dont charge you until it's actually physically getting packed and ready to be shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

TheDoc wrote: »
    Can I ask why so many people are using parcel motel here?

I was able to order through amazon.co.uk, pay in Euro, and have my Irish address accepted for free postage.

Why are people using parcel motel for this?

Quicker delivery.

Advertisement