Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor mobile data 20GB for €10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

loopymum wrote: »
    I picked up a refurbished dongle from meteor last year for a tenner

Off the website or through a store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Could you put the sim in an unlocked android phone and use the hotspot function?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Could you put the sim in an unlocked android phone and use the hotspot function?

You could, and I think the OP or another poster alluded to doing that upthread. Depending on the phone though, tethering could slow down your connection somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

Is anyone using meteor outside of Dublin for Data?? What is reception like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Depends on the area.

Call meteor and they'll be able to tell you what the coverage is like in the area, pretty much down to street level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Popple3 wrote: »
    Normal size. Have in my 3 mifi right now no bother. Had to unlock it first though. Used https://www.dc-unlocker.com and it worked a charm. If you just ask for a normal sized SIM they'll make sure to give you one anyway.

Hi popple3 , do I need anything else with dc unlocker , I've run the program but no luck, any ideas or help, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

You could, and I think the OP or another poster alluded to doing that upthread. Depending on the phone though, tethering could slow down your connection somewhat.

considering that i am paying digiweb 60 lids a month for selected fone calls, plus a 1.45 download and an 0.23 upload, that is still lightning fast and a no brainer.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

flutered wrote: »
    considering that i am paying digiweb 60 lids a month for selected fone calls, plus a 1.45 download and an 0.23 upload, that is still lightning fast and a no brainer.:D

Get youself a cheap unlocked WiFi hotspot with the SIM and you'd be flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Do meteor give free sims? In college and need a mobile bb. But three and o2 both have crap coverage.
    Wondering could I get a meteor one to test out the coverage first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭nitros7

nitros7 wrote: »

Cheers just ordered one :)
    anyone know how long this deal will last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

mcw92 wrote: »
    Do meteor give free sims? In college and need a mobile bb. But three and o2 both have crap coverage.
    Wondering could I get a meteor one to test out the coverage first.

You have 7 days to change your mind and cancel .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hi guys.

So I bought this today and I was charged 15€ for the first month which makes no sense as I got this today.

Also the rep said that for this month my allowance is 10gb which is strange. Explanation is that the Minth is about to end.

I'll be getting a meteor USB stuck will anyone suffice ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Hi guys.

So I bought this today and I was charged 15€ for the first month which makes no sense as I got this today.

Also the rep said that for this month my allowance is 10gb which is strange. Explanation is that the Minth is about to end.

I'll be getting a meteor USB stuck will anyone suffice ?

I opened my account on 4th August and they said that my billing period would be up to the 14th of every month. So my 1st bill was for the period from the day I ordered it (4th Aug) to 14 September, or a month and ten days. For whatever reason, they charged me €16 for that, but my next bill is showing as €10.33 anyways.

I was actually given the full 20GB to use for the 1st 10 days of my contract, and then a new 20GB after that.

Any Meteor USB stick should work fine. I'm using an old unlocked o2 one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

I opened my account on 4th August and they said that my billing period would be up to the 14th of every month. So my 1st bill was for the period from the day I ordered it (4th Aug) to 14 September, or a month and ten days. For whatever reason, they charged me €16 for that, but my next bill is showing as €10.33 anyways.

I was actually given the full 20GB to use for the 1st 10 days of my contract, and then a new 20GB after that.

Any Meteor USB stick should work fine. I'm using an old unlocked o2 one.

same happened to me , First bill was €19 , Still waiting for second bill which I hope is €10.33

In the Evenings/Weekends I replace my Meteor sim with the 3 one from my phone which is Unlimited Data from 20 Euro top up , We got a Chromecast and with a Nexus 7 Netflix is on the go a hell of a lot ,

Hi

Can I unlock o2/3 wireless modem ?

Hi

Can I unlock o2/3 wireless modem ?

Have a look at this site , This guy unlocked my Meteor E3131 for free !!!

http://wasconet.com/unlock-your-huawei-new-algo-e303-e3131-etc-free/comment-page-35/#comment-9437

Ok so i got a sim, but i cant login into my meteor to top up my credit? im just testing speed with the day pass first.
    I use the number and pin, but get invalid login?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

I'm actually getting 50 gb for 15 euro! I presume it's a mistake on their part but I haven't questioned it ;-)

• Advertisement

So i just sent a message from the BB sim, will I get charge for this.

Can E586 be unlocked ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

Can you get this offer in a carphone warehouse or only a meteor shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Howlin1 wrote: »
    Can you get this offer in a carphone warehouse or only a meteor shop?

Meteor in-store only.

Went into the Meteor/Eircom store in Sligo and they didn't know anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Can E586 be unlocked ?

Yes, they gave me the unlock code for mine the other day when I asked for it. I only have it about 6 weeks, but I had the rolling contract for the previous year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

just signed up today offer ends tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi folks, this would be the perfect solution for me at the moment.

Is there a way to rout the signal around a house? What device would I need to get as well in order to do so?

When my phone acts as a hotspot the signal only reaches the same room really.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cianos wrote: »

Is there a way to rout the signal around a house? What device would I need to get as well in order to do so?

Thanks

http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/payg/?linkid=broadband_sub

If you know someone with an old vodafone humehub you can use a normal dongle in that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

Cianos wrote: »

Thanks

I currently use a TP-Link 3G router (This one) which I have my Huawei E3131 connected to. I also have some homeplugs and another old Vodafone router the other side of the house to extend the wifi network further.

This allows me to place the TP-Link router where I can get the best signal. I regularly get download speeds in excess of 10Mbps with this set-up.

• Advertisement

i got charged 19.20 from 27 of September to yesterday.where the fcuk did that amount come from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I think I remember something about paying one month in advance and because I signed up mid month there would be a pro rata amount for that month charged. So if you signed up early last month you wouldn't be charged for the whole month, that was probably the 9.20.

At a guess.

They do a 4G Plan which gives 1Gb of data for 7.99/month , The 4G Modem is €59 , ***But all 4G Plans are unlimited until March 2014*** , So in the Short Term even if you are not in a 4G area this could work for some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

That's pretty good value considering they're charging me €25 for a paltry 30gb a month. Your allowance won't last very long if you're using Netflix a lot though!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

galait wrote: »
    They do a 4G Plan which gives 1Gb of data for 7.99/month , The 4G Modem is €59 , ***But all 4G Plans are unlimited until March 2014*** , So in the Short Term even if you are not in a 4G area this could work for some people.

I can't find the 4G modem on the site, can you give a link to it? Thanks

bk wrote: »
    I can't find the 4G modem on the site, can you give a link to it? Thanks

The E3272

http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/billpay/

I got this deal on the 29th September just before the deal and month was ending.

Should the end billing period date not be: 08.11.2013 if billing is in advance which I guess it is.

Meteorbillingperiod_zpsd9b9c826.png

confused.com :D

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I got this deal on the 29th September just before the deal and month was ending.

Should the end billing period date not be: 08.11.2013 if billing is in advance which I guess it is.

Meteorbillingperiod_zpsd9b9c826.png

confused.com :D

My 1st bill was just like that, couldn't make head nor tail of it. Subsequent bills were fine though, €10.33.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

My 1st bill was just like that, couldn't make head nor tail of it. Subsequent bills were fine though, €10.33.

Just checked my first bill online and its for €30.48. Went on chat to ask meteor WTF and they just said I needed to come back to them in a few more days as they couldn't see my full bill details as it was just posted. Sounded like BS but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Looks like they have me on the non discount rate. They better sort it or I'll be cancelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

What's this 20gb for 10 euro thing?
    Can't see anything about it anywhere.

fran426ft wrote: »
    Just checked my first bill online and its for €30.48. Went on chat to ask meteor WTF and they just said I needed to come back to them in a few more days as they couldn't see my full bill details as it was just posted. Sounded like BS but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Looks like they have me on the non discount rate. They better sort it or I'll be cancelling.

That definitely sounds wrong. The 1st bill should be one full month and one part month, so somewhere between €10.33 and €20.66.

What's this 20gb for 10 euro thing?
    Can't see anything about it anywhere.

It's in store only and doesn't even seem to be advertised at all. Just call in and ask them, though someone on here said it expired last week, still worth a try.

It's in store only and doesn't even seem to be advertised at all. Just call in and ask them, though someone on here said it expired last week, still worth a try.

They only do it for September, to get as many students as possible to sign up but it's open to everyone.

They don't advertise it, its just an instore offer which gives the €20 a month plan for €10. They seem to do it every year/September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

at the moment i pay 20e per month for free calls/texts to meteor and 1gb(?) data, the paye package is called "internet plus", i don't think it's available anymore, should i stick with this or is there a cheaper way of getting the same thing?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

at the moment i pay 20e per month for free calls/texts to meteor and 1gb(?) data, the paye package is called "internet plus", i don't think it's available anymore, should i stick with this or is there a cheaper way of getting the same thing?

Well 48months for €20 offer unlimited calls and texts to any network and 5GB of data. Super deal, I'm on it.

So not cheaper, but it does offer better value for money.

If you do decide to sign up to them, PM me and I'll send you a link where you can order a SIM card from them and you get €10 off the first month :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

bk wrote: »
    Well 48months for €20 offer unlimited calls and texts to any network and 5GB of data. Super deal, I'm on it.

So not cheaper, but it does offer better value for money.

If you do decide to sign up to them, PM me and I'll send you a link where you can order a SIM card from them and you get €10 off the first month :)

I'd prefer it to be paye, how is their coverage?

they are piggy backing on o2, i have sent for a sim, one can buy an app for €3 this allows calls to landlines, one thing to note is it is for a calender month, so i think if one connects to them on the 25th of the month then you contract expires of the 31st, which would mean the first month only lasts six days, perhaps i am wrong.

I assume you mean Pay As You Go?

It is PAYG, you top up by €20 per month and then apply the credit to the deal you want. They also have cheaper deals for €10 and €15. However it is worth going for the €20 on the first month as you only get the €10 off on the €20 deal (again PM for the link if you decide to go ahead, if you apply directly on the site, you don't get the €10 off).

You can switch deals up and down on a monthly basis and if you are not happy, of course you can leave at any time.

They use the o2 network, so coverage is excellent.

I've run out of the 20gb with just 13days to go.

Down to last 14mb.

Might switch to 3 unlimited internet usage.

If I cancel now can I sign up in 3 months time for 10e ?

flutered wrote: »
    they are piggy backing on o2, i have sent for a sim, one can buy an app for €3 this allows calls to landlines, one thing to note is it is for a calender month, so i think if one connects to them on the 25th of the month then you contract expires of the 31st, which would mean the first month only lasts six days, perhaps i am wrong.
    great coverage, i have not tried their internet yet, it is per calender month, if you activate your card on the 21st, you have coverage until the 21st of the next month, happy bunny so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement