Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does 2014 hold for you ? **Mod Warning Post 25**

Options
  • 11-09-2013 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

So with the 2013 season all but at an end what are you planning for 2014 ?

Any A or B goal event ? Any specific goals ? Anything to banish from 2013 ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just one A goal for me. Long distance, baby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

So with the 2013 season all but at an end what are you planning for 2014 ?

Any A or B goal event ? Any specific goals ? Anything to banish from 2013 ?

well i still have one of my main aims to go in 2013, there is still one last tri to do in november.

But....
    First season down, so a good learning experience, but plenty of room to improve.

MBA will be banished to the done closet in 3 weeks, so that frees up so much time.no more trying to balance MBA, training and family. More focused training with a good winter of base building.

AIms for next year:
    Two main races will likely be Kilkee and Lost Sheep, which will be my first half.
    others in the plan will be , Joey Hannon, Boru and Castleconnell as my local tris. Athy will likely get done as it was my first tri this year.

after that, who knows. but the main focus is definitely Kilkee and Lost Sheep.Won't be naywhere near the front, but would like a strong race rather than just finishing them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Racing more.
    2013 was my first year in triathlon,
    I raced several times in my clubs duathlon/aquathon/triathlon series but only did 2 other triathlons.
    Next year I want to do at least 7/8 races including my first Olympic Distance race.
    Really want to improve my bike and all aspects of my cycling which is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Not sure if im going abroad next year or not. If i do itll be a drop in and out job with no real break either side. Possibly looking at doing similar to this year and do sprints/olympics for some fun with an aim to a HIM late season, possibly Lost Sheep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Aim to have a better "tri related" year than 2012/13, simples!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Oryx wrote: »
    Just one A goal for me. Long distance, baby.

Which event ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

swim faster ..cycle faster...run faster..
    a change in how i work ( what hours ) should make it easier to get training done without impacting on family..will have to see how that works out though
    get swim coached and get faster..
    ive a free entry to gaelforce and ive a time target for that
    not overly worried with long distance right now , i may or may not have a lash at swinford half just because its on my doorstep, but otherwise the usual suspects
    sprint distances in mayo, sligo, and louth meath direction..

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Lots of winter cycling and turbo.
    4 sprints 2 Olympics 1 half and finally my first full IM

Staying injury free:-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Staying injury free:-)

this. if i wanted one thing for 2014, it's be a clean year of training/racing. seemed to bounce from one niggle to another this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Want to work a lot on my running and enjoy a lot of winter in the water on the surfboard of the winter which will also involve some winter open water swimming.

Big plan to hit in 2014 is step up to olympic distance and also complete runs without stopping. Would like to start being in the first group out of the water and then work on the rest. Hopefully get my knees stabilized more and stay injury free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

to get off my arse in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Top 10 age group finish at half challenge barcelona and overall top 10 finishes here in at least 2 races

Not looking for much but hey, aim high!!!

Which event ?
    Bolton

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Return to the weight, lifestyle and attitude that means I can class myself as a software developer and triathlete and runner, rather than a software developer that does triathlon and running events.

Simpler said than done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Bolton

Idea stealer;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Bolton

actually have Bolton in mind myself though not entered yet, Nirvana still have slots I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Roth 2014 for me. :eek::pac:

Idea stealer;)
    You doing it? Was this or Nice and this is easier to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Bolton

Looks like you'll have to win your Age Group, 11:04 was enough this year. Easy!!

http://www.ironmanuk.com/ironman-uk/event-info/qualification

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

BTH wrote: »
    Looks like you'll have to win your Age Group, 11:04 was enough this year. Easy!!

No bother to you Oryx - check out this Galway legend who just qualifed for Kona. I had to listen again to the video when he called out the category 65-70 - hes in better shape than most 20 year olds.

Great to see it not just the usual guys like Martin, Muldoon, Molloy, Dolan etc that can qualify for Kona

1069130_10153239381110724_678482928_n.jpg

BTH wrote: »

For what?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, too much childish behaviour in this thread from a number of posters. I'm locking it and will have a look at it in more detail (including posts already deleted) later on

Personal abuse is not tolerated anywhere on boards, and having digs at other posters is also not acceptable

EDIT - once I've had a look through the thread I will be speak to the mods to determine whether it's worth re-opening it

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've given posters time to cool off, and have been in PM contact with those who's (now deleted) posts overstepped the mark

I'm re-opening this thread with a general warning. If I witness any more bitching, sly digs or personal abuse in this forum I'll have no hesitation in bringing down the ban hammer particularly on repeat "offenders"

If anyone has any questions, PM me - there is to be no discussion of modding matters in-thread

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

actually have Bolton in mind myself though not entered yet, Nirvana still have slots I believe!
    Sorry but its completely sold out.
    I am also going to Bolton Oryx and will be following your training with interest:P
    At the moment I have gone into hibernation, lots of rest before I get going on IM training plan.

Sorry but its completely sold out.
    I am also going to Bolton Oryx and will be following your training with interest:P
    At the moment I have gone into hibernation, lots of rest before I get going on IM training plan.
    Have you done one before?
    Im going to do this marathon, then hibernate!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

IM Frankfurt for me. Looking like a club race for us with at least four confirmed and two that will cave under some pressure.

<snip> Unnecessary provocation

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Have you done one before?
    Im going to do this marathon, then hibernate!

Its my first full distance. Was meant to do it this year but pulled out. Disappointed at the time but I have been consistent with my training all year and have built a good base for next year!!!
    Have done a marathon already this year so could not face Dublin. Getting stuck into a season of cross country running and dreading going back into the pool.
    Best of luck with the marathon - you will do bril.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ironman Austria. First IM distance. Looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

First year in triathlon.

Skerries Half was a disaster for me.
    (Mechanical issue on the bike).

Applied the lessons learnt and completed A priority race, IM Wales in 14.48. My first long distance and the bike course beat me up. Still a novice cyclist and plan is to get passionate about cycling in 2014. Might look for redemption in Tenby for 2014 too.

Had a stomach bug right before DCM last year (struggled in for a 4hr11) so want a PB (sub 3hr46) to make amends this year.

Advertisement