Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo removal in Waterford

Options
  • 11-09-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭

Hi:)

I am looking for places that do tattoo removal, I know Genisis do, but is there any where else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The place that's just opposite/beside Costa Coffee in John Roberts Square does it as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

above carrols pharmacy in ballybricken.
    A certain tattoo shop was trying to advertise it a while back, i had a look and their machine was Chinese, they didnt really know how to use it and the girl in the shop was just irritating.. so, Steer clear of any tattoo shops that are not reputable in the removal of tattoos via lazer! alternative there are Tattoo shops in Dublin that do it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Thanks, the place above carrolls is genisis, I had a consult there the other day.

I didn't think therapie did tattoo removal, nothing on the website, I'll phone them thank you !:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

just to follow up did you have it done? and was it a success ?

Depending on the tattoo, any ink being removed is deemed a success.
    Ive removed quite a few tattoos in my day, it was part of my job, some tattoos take more sessions than others due to the type of pigment, the size, placement and the persons natural pigment.

• Advertisement

Hi!,

No I havent had it done yet, I'm still sporting my summer tan, and I've been told that has to be gone to get the lazer treatment.

Will probably start it after Xmas !

thats not right, its just your natural pigment changing to a darker colour unless its a spray jobby?
    if thats the case dark / black skinned people cant get removal done.. and that my dear is BS :)

0rt wrote: »
    thats not right, its just your natural pigment changing to a darker colour unless its a spray jobby?
    if thats the case dark / black skinned people cant get removal done.. and that my dear is BS :)

Well that's what the woman (doctor?!) In Genisis told me during my consult.

And some online research says it's best to wait until your tan fades?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Unless your mahogany i cant see it making a difference.

Media999 wrote: »
    Unless your mahogany i cant see it making a difference.

Well I was very tanned when I had my consult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Is Genesis the only place in Waterford that does this?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Ant idea how much this costs? Is it an hourly rate or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Is Genesis the only place in Waterford that does this?

Yakuza do it. Was getting a tattoo while someone had theirs removed opposite me :pac:

Also pricing couldnt say but they were there for about 30 minutes at max. Maybe it was due to the size or how much was left though. Didn't see it.

Cheers, ill give both Dan and Genesis a call, see what the story is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

burkey85 wrote: »
    Cheers, ill give both Dan and Genesis a call, see what the story is

Let us know how you get on with Genesis because when i asked here 9 months ago their machine for removing tattoos wasnt working and they didnt know when or if it will be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭edward2222

Why go places to remove your tattoo?

You can always buy tattoo removal cream.. hhhmmmm

Let us know how you get on with Genesis because when i asked here 9 months ago their machine for removing tattoos wasnt working and they didnt know when or if it will be fixed

Genesis said they don't do it, spoke to Yakuza, they do it for €50 a session, then tattoos depends on how many sessions needed.

Hi.

Original op here. Genesis laser machine stopped working a year ago and they aren't getting it fixed.

I have had 2 sessions of treatment in Aurelia in Kilkenny, but obviously it's a bit of a pain travelling up there. Where is this yazuka place?

Ah I found them on Facebook, any idea are they good or what type of machine they use? I'm paying €70 per session in aurelia with petrol thrown on top. Literally takes no more than 5 minutes for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How is that on the pain scale of 1-10?

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    How is that on the pain scale of 1-10?

I won't lie, my patch test was fine, just a bit uncomfortable. My first session was uncomfortable there was pain but as I said I took minutes totally bearable!(5/10).... But the 2nd session was very painful, they turn it up stronger each time(10/10)

Feels a bit sunburnt afterwards. It didn't blister but it did peel.after about a week you get insane itchyness which lasts about a week.

Definitely some fading going on, have my 3rd session this day 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

michellie wrote: »
    Where is this yazuka place?

Yakuza is a tattoo shop in Michael St just opposite Shoe Rack.

edward2222 wrote: »
    Why go places to remove your tattoo?

You can always buy tattoo removal cream.. hhhmmmm

What is the story with this stuff?

burkey85 wrote: »
    What is the story with this stuff?

Are you not familiar with tattoo removal cream?

Haha no!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

edward2222 wrote: »
    Are you not familiar with tattoo removal cream?

You might as well rub yogurt into your tattoo and expect that to remove the tattoo ! Or nivea in the least it would help your skin !
    With the tattoo removal cream they are known to leave burns and scarring so your left with your tattoo and scars, not advisable at all.

Creams would never penetrate deep enough to remove a tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

wellboytoo wrote: »

Yes it can fade it but can't go deep enough to remove it but dermatologists also advise against it due to burning skin irritation and scarring.

http://www.dermbids.com/tattoo-removal-cream-does-it-really-work/

And a more recent one:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/tattoo-removal-cream/faq-20058090

• Advertisement

nahhhh,
    its a kind of cream that burns your skin,
    I dont know whats the name of that cream,
    but my brother used it when the company he's working for wants to remove his tattoo.

It really removed the tattoo,
    though the tattoo on his arms became scars.
    hhhmmm

Advertisement