Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heading to Belfast store for a new iPhone

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kceire wrote: »
    Does the new case fit a 5? I've been looking for something like it for ages.

Yep, designed for both. Think I'm getting one too. Pity all the colours are so light except the black. Would prefer a dark brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Got the 32GB Space Gray! Noticeably lighter than the 5 Also got the Project red case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

How much are the leather cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

miralize wrote: »
    Got the 32GB Space Gray! Noticeably lighter than the 5

The power of Apple. Both the 5 and 5S weigh 112 grammes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭mackerski

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    The power of Apple. Both the 5 and 5S weigh 112 grammes.

Yeah, but this one hasn't got any data on it yet.

BTW, can anybody who's there make a guess as to whether there will be any 64Gig models available into tomorrow? Just based on appearances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Got the 32GB Space Gray! Noticeably lighter than the 5 Also got the Project red case

It's the colour the slate iPhone 5 turns after scuffing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I really think it is lighter. It had a sim card in it too. Maybe its just me being overly tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I really think it is lighter. It had a sim card in it too. Maybe its just me being overly tired.

Give it a while to download your photostream, it will feel heavier then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

copacetic wrote: »
    Yep, designed for both. Think I'm getting one too. Pity all the colours are so light except the black. Would prefer a dark brown.

Yeah, the black is a bit too doring, and theres not alot of choice then, the red is possibly the front runner, i would even prefer a bright green one at this stage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

£35 for a case.
    Really mad money for people buying such expensive phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Interesting reports in from my colleagues in the U.K.

Some stores are reporting virtually no queues (4-5 people at most) in usually very busy stores. Whilst other stores are getting complaints about the lack of 5S in stock, and how somehow it's the staffs fault and not Apples.

Also, the 5 and 5S are the exact same weight and size. You'd be mad if you really think they're different.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Interesting reports in from my colleagues in the U.K.

Some stores are reporting virtually no queues (4-5 people at most) in usually very busy stores. Whilst other stores are getting complaints about the lack of 5S in stock, and how somehow it's the staffs fault and not Apples.

Also, the 5 and 5S are the exact same weight and size. You'd be mad if you really think they're different.

Maybe the weight distribution is different because of the finger print scanner.

Either way, wouldn't want it any lighter.
    Prefer the solid weight of my 4s to be honest.

murpho999 wrote: »
    £35 for a case.
    Really mad money for people buying such expensive phones.

I think Apple should should give a major discount for people buying the new phone and case together in one purchase.

I think Apple should should give a major discount for people buying the new phone and case together in one purchase.

Just buy a €5 case off e-bay, job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Couple of them on adverts now. Only 1 is priced decently tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

culabula wrote: »
    Think you'll have no problem.

Got to the shop just after 10 and was told they where sold out of the 5s
    Heading home empty handed :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

I wouldn't pay that for a case either I expensive I bought a case for my 5 last year of amazon for €5 lasted the full year well worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I said feck it and bought the case. Worth the money I think. Absolutely snug fit, adds very little bulk to the phone and feels great in the hand.

Had a great time going up. Great to meet golfnut1 and mad_muffin. Mad_muffin spotted a tiny dent on the bezel of his and it was replaced immediately, no questions asked. Nice to see the legendary Apple customer service in action Next year I'm bringing bacon sambos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

babyhack wrote: »
    Got to the shop just after 10 and was told they where sold out of the 5s
    Heading home empty handed :-(

So sorry to hear that, but unfortunately I couldn't really tell. When I left, they still had plenty and the queue was nearly over.

stimpson wrote: »
    Next year I'm bringing bacon sambos.

I said the same after the 5 launch.
    I will bring a warmer coat, and a flask of tea (as if your on your own, you cant run around to Mc Donalds for one) and some grub :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Would I have any problems going up now for a 5c?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

I said the same after the 5 launch.
    I will bring a warmer coat, and a flask of tea (as if your on your own, you cant run around to Mc Donalds for one) and some grub :D

It'll be an earlier start next year I said to one of the staff that next year it'll be really hard to get a iPhone as new device new shape all of that and I said to him that apple should look at customers that are loyal buying iPhones year after year should be send an email and given the choice to get an iPhone on the day it's released and yes queue up as it's the apple experience queuing up 😄 but to be guaranteed a phone customer loyalty 😄 he said he would pass on the feedback

PinkFly wrote: »

Sold out now

guil wrote: »
    Sold out now

Even the 5c?

Even the 5c?

Damn I've the 5s on the mind and never copped it said 5c.

People who were disappointed should really try Carphone Warehouse as well....nobody thinks of there for SIM-free ones. Most people in there would be in for an upgrade.

Be wary though; some report their stock locks to the first network you log on to.

PinkFly wrote: »

Ring them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

stimpson wrote: »
    I said feck it and bought the case. Worth the money I think. Absolutely snug fit, adds very little bulk to the phone and feels great in the hand.

Had a great time going up. Great to meet golfnut1 and mad_muffin. Mad_muffin spotted a tiny dent on the bezel of his and it was replaced immediately, no questions asked. Nice to see the legendary Apple customer service in action Next year I'm bringing bacon sambos.

Aaaaand I'm back.

We'll half an hour ago :P

It was great bumping into stimpson and golfnut1. Made the few hours waiting pass by rather quicker. Fry at the Windmill was as promised A1.

Time to set up the phone now.

Same time next year guys? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

People who were disappointed should really try Carphone Warehouse as well....nobody thinks of there for SIM-free ones. Most people in there would be in for an upgrade.

Be wary though; some report their stock locks to the first network you log on to.

I tried this in three different carphone stores
    They all said the had stock but where only selling them on uk contract

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    Aaaaand I'm back.

We'll half an hour ago :P

It was great bumping into stimpson and golfnut1. Made the few hours waiting pass by rather quicker. Fry at the Windmill was as promised A1.

Time to set up the phone now.

Same time next year guys? :D

Next MONTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement