Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heading to Belfast store for a new iPhone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

When do you guys reckon they will restock in the belfast store?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

The guy in the apple store said he reckons a few days when stock comes back in a girl was asking him when I was in the queue overheard him saying to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

Ahh nice one thanks I'll try get up there between 7 - 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

KrisR wrote: »
    Ahh nice one thanks I'll try get up there between 7 - 10 days

Just ring before you head up to make be safe plus they probably would hold one for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

culabula wrote: »
    Next MONTH!

I thought we settled on a minimum of three months? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Picked up a white 64Gb iPhone 5S for myself and a yellow 5C for the OH. Was hoping to get a gold one but they sold out so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The Space Grey S5 looks very like the iPhone 4. Not complaining, that phone looked great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

mad muffin wrote: »
    I thought we settled on a minimum of three months? :eek:

This is iPad !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No ones mentioned the finger print id thingy.

Is it working?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

How are ye getting on with he phones? Make us even more jealous :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

This is iPad !

Ah, yes :D
    murpho999 wrote: »

Is it working?

Tis working like clockwork. ;)

Is it working?

Perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

mad muffin wrote: »
    Aaaaand I'm back.

We'll half an hour ago :P

It was great bumping into stimpson and golfnut1. Made the few hours waiting pass by rather quicker. Fry at the Windmill was as promised A1.

Time to set up the phone now.

Same time next year guys? :D

First post from the new phone!!

That's a date mad muffin.
    Yeah great to meet you both mad muffin and stimpson. See you at the 6 launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Is it working?

I went into the Apple Store today to have a play with them. Worked perfectly, 100% of the time. Really impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Zcott wrote: »
    I went into the Apple Store today to have a play with them. Worked perfectly, 100% of the time. Really impressive.

What did it do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    What did it do?

Assuming he's talking about the TouchID feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Assuming he's talking about the TouchID feature

I know, Thought they might have a sample phone setup where it did something other than unlock the lockscreen, like of what it will be used for in the future or for things yet to come as an example.

Unlocking a screen is not impressive TBH

EDIT: Sorry he meant impressive that it worked everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I know, Thought they might have a sample phone setup where it did something other than unlock the lockscreen, like of what it will be used for in the future or for things yet to come as an example.

I'd imagine, if you can use it for payment for the App Store it will only be a matter of time before you can use it for Bank Payments in shops and for Paypal etc. Could be wrong but that would be impressive to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

In fairness I thought it would be a bit of a gimmick, but it's great not to have to type in a pin every time you want to use the phone. Apparently there are big plans for using it for more than just unlock and app store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I imagine this is very much testing the water with fingerprint recognition, and given time they might open it up. I can imagine that combined with iCloud Keychain you'll never need passwords again. Safari will automatically suggest a really long and obscure password and then each time you visit that website you could use Touch ID to log in, or enter credit card details. Lot of potential there.

Between that and the new security features that mean you have to turn off find my iPhone before you can restore a phone to deter thieves, security has improved massively with this device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I think TouchID is really good so far. Couple of misfires with it where it didn't recognise my thumb first time, but think that was more down to how I put my finger on it than anything.

If this gets opened up to developers then things will get very interesting indeed.

funkyflea wrote: »
    I think TouchID is really good so far. Couple of misfires with it where it didn't recognise my thumb first time, but think that was more down to how I put my finger on it than anything.

If this gets opened up to developers then things will get very interesting indeed.

I was reading about it today. Apparently it keeps learning your fingerprint and the mistakes drop away to nearly zero over time.

One thing I learned today which I didn't like is that Apple has killed off a lot of third party lightening cables with ios 7. I picked one up yesterday and had to return it today. They tried another one in the shop and it wouldn't work either. A quick search on the web and it looks like even some third party official Made for iPhone cables are affected too. Luckily, a genuine apple cable is cheaper than the belkin ones - €19 vs €25.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

stimpson wrote: »
    I was reading about it today. Apparently it keeps learning your fingerprint and the mistakes drop away to nearly zero over time.

One thing I learned today which I didn't like is that Apple has killed off a lot of third party lightening cables with ios 7. I picked one up yesterday and had to return it today. They tried another one in the shop and it wouldn't work either. A quick search on the web and it looks like even some third party official Made for iPhone cables are affected too. Luckily, a genuine apple cable is cheaper than the belkin ones - €19 vs €25.

I thought that too, but they didnt. It just looks that way when you first plug it in, it gives a warning about how it may not function properly, but they do charge. iOS7 is less noticeable when charging, ie. tiny little lightning bar in right corner.

I have 2 cables, one in my car and on on my desk that i bough from china and Deal Extreme for €1 each and both charging/syncing perfectly.

Mine definately wasn't charging - it was plugged in for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daithi77

Wow! We got served in Irish as well! *cool*.

The fanastic Hannah was all smiles and couldn't have been more helpful either. Gaeilge ghalánta chomh maith aici.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Video from launch in Belfast Store, have a lookout for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/00zG4EJCpYo

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Not true.

It would appear that the 5S is going to cost €699 from the Irish store but it's €653 if you buy in Belfast or order from the UK Apple store.

Anyone know if the 5s is sold out in Belfast?

You can see the back of my head @ 18 seconds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

My god what a festival of derp!

• Advertisement

nightster1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 5s is sold out in Belfast?

It is, yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement