Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux blackout/thermal blinds

Options
  • 11-09-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Need 5 velux blinds as above, Just wondering if any of yous seen these on offer anywhere lately...expensive enuf buggers they are :eek:
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Need 5 velux blinds as above, Just wondering if any of yous seen these on offer anywhere lately...expensive enuf buggers they are :eek:
    Thanks

I bought my 4 large Velux solar powered blackout blinds (grey colour) from Chadwicks.

Got them at trade price last year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

paddy147 wrote: »
    I bought my 4 large Velux solar powered blackout blinds (grey colour) from Chadwicks.

Got them at trade price last year.:)

What sort of money you give for them lads paddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eimerom

Got mine from www.itzala.ie worked out around €50 cheaper for a large fire escape blackout blind than the velux site:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    What sort of money you give for them lads paddy?

Around 55-60 euro per blind cheaper than Velux themselves......I was buying a fair whack of stuff from Chadwicks,so I got a bigger/better overall discount on everything that I bought.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

paddy147 wrote: »
    Around 55-60 euro per blind cheaper than Velux themselves......I was buying a fair whack of stuff from Chadwicks,so I got a bigger/better overall discount on everything that I bought.:)

Hi Paddy, I have been googling and you have cropped up as having the Solar powered velux blinds? I have a few questions for you if you don't mind?

How are you getting on with them now?

Do you need to keep a button pressed on the remote to open them or will just one press do?

How much is a replacement battery?

Are they kinder to the blind cords than manually closing them?

I have two GGL P10 seven years and the cords have snapped in them so it looks like I need to replace them unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement