Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees payment

• 11-09-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭

I only found out today that fees were supposed to have been paid by the 6th.....

I was doing I grades, I didn't receive any letter or text about it (as some of my friends did), and the student mail has been down almost all summer (sometimes I got lucky with it).

Does anyone know what the story is? Can you still pay late? Is there a fine or something? Any chance that that will be overlooked considering the situation...the studentmail being down has been pretty annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Email the fees office is your first step anyway. I'm unaware of a fine for late payment.

My fees aren't paid yet because I'm waiting on SUSI but I was still able to register and get my student card.

Hope it gets sorted for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm pretty sure the only consequence of not paying fees is being locked out of results and being unable to progress to the next year.

Mine aren't paid yet either as I'm waiting on Cork CoCo to sort me out (sidenote, hearing about SUSI makes me so glad I got into the grant system before it got centralised :P). And they couldn't sort me out until I'd registered this year, so the earliest I could have gotten the paperwork to them was Monday and that's after the date. So I'd say you'll be grand, just do what mud suggests and email the fees office just to let them know what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Cheers! I have them paid now, it's all good :)

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

To be honest, as long as you are not ridiculously late, I think with the current circumstances in the country, they are reasonably flexible.

Advertisement