Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couldn't believe my own eyes!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

yeheain wrote: »
    I know ya. who the f*** would check their stuffs like tobacco pouches/boxes or take away wrapped food in front of their sight anyway?

I've worked in retail on and off for about 12 years, this type off guff is applicable for things like change, people can be awful chancers coming back into any sort of shop saying "here, you only gave my change of a tenner", but in your case, unless you walk around spitting and swearing at invisible people whilst not completely dressed, i'd give ye the benefit.

now we just need some catchy tabloid headlines to get ya on yer way.

Too much bread for day old bread?
    c'mon centra, use yer loaf!?
    smoker gets panned at local?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 yeheain

west20s wrote: »
    Was this a busy city centre shop? If you were a local/regular or if it was more of a local store, a replacement and apology should not have been a problem. Also CCTV is generally backed up month by month, not even an offer to investigate = poor customer service.

Its Blackpool Centra. I say very local. No, not at all for investigation. Not even a good look at my pouch and all he kept telling me is like pushing me out of the shop with words.. like You're not opening this here so this your problem with manufacturer.. so nothing I could do for you.. said the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Just wondering... Is there even any trace of tobacco in the pouch under the bread? Any remnants in the corners or even on the bread itself? Usually very difficult to get every last bit out of a pouch due to static and the like. Might give an idea if it was done in the factory (somehow) or whether it was done by some scrote chancing his arm.

Soundman wrote: »
    Just wondering... Is there even any trace of tobacco in the pouch under the bread? Any remnants in the corners or even on the bread itself? Usually very difficult to get every last bit out of a pouch due to static and the like. Might give an idea if it was done in the factory (somehow) or whether it was done by some scrote chancing his arm.

Yes I can see a little trace of tobacco on bread. Clearly a switches one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I'll be feeling the packet of tobacco myself in future to make sure, that's for sure.

• Advertisement

zenno wrote: »
    I'll be feeling the packet of tobacco myself in future to make sure, that's for sure.

I will just do my first roll in front of shopkeeper in future. Just to make sure its not a dry grass lol

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

zenno wrote: »

dunno, I don't reckon I could tell the difference off the bat, maybe we're heading for an age where we can't so much by a package of tayto or a mineral fer the child without opening them in the shop directly after the transaction whilst eyeing the till jockey accusingly in a sergio leone style mexican standoff, bad form for a local, especially if they know your head, they could at least pretend to be on your side, instaed of shouting "thank you come again" and ignoring your plight, in which they are inherantly directly involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 west20s

Funnily enough, a search for Centra Customer Service yielded no results. http:// centra ie /contact is all you get . Complain at the source and quote how you were treated by a representative of there company. They will quote the no exchange... but a lack of action and if an internal investigation to see if they breached their own policy, may show you were not in the wrong, but do not be surprised when you get... ''oh the cameras were turned off that day''

grumula wrote: »
    dunno, I don't reckon I could tell the difference off the bat, maybe we're heading for an age where we can't so much by a package of tayto or a mineral fer the child without opening them in the shop directly after the transaction whilst eyeing the till jockey accusingly in a sergio leone style mexican standoff, bad form for a local, especially if they know your head, they could at least pretend to be on your side, instaed of shouting "thank you come again" and ignoring your plight, in which they are inherantly directly involved!

To me today is also my lucky day. I took a little piece of that bread to confirm the thing I am looking at. What if...WHAT IF its been poisoned? I'm already dead for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

yeheain wrote: »
    Its Blackpool Centra. I say very local. No, not at all for investigation. Not even a good look at my pouch and all he kept telling me is like pushing me out of the shop with words.. like You're not opening this here so this your problem with manufacturer.. so nothing I could do for you.. said the manager.

I think from a consumer point of view the onus is on the last point of contact to resolve the issue not the manufacturer...

Now....if you really want to push the point you could do the same old switcharoo yourself as described earlier...actually do it a few times with different staff untill you have used up a whole slice pan... Maybe then they'll listen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough of the off-topic posts - stick to the issue at hand please

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

infosys wrote: »
    It's a scam pulled in the shop. Guy goes into shop asks for amber leaf say, shop keeper hands over amber leaf, guy says I said some other brand and hands back amber leaf. In fact he has swapped the pack with one in his pocked full of the same weight of what ever. The shop keeper then puts the rubbish pack back in stock and some poor sap gets caught when he buys it.

It happened to a shop keeper friend of mine with a pack of cigs.

This. I remember this scam being pulled in a shop years ago.

They need to ask the staff if anyone did request a swap like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

This. I remember this scam being pulled in a shop years ago.

They need to ask the staff if anyone did request a swap like this.

But Amber Leaf is wrapped in a plastic wrap with the papers just inside the same.

How would they have negotiated that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You could try and report the issue to the manufacturer also. They're may have been an issue with the batch...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

You could try and report the issue to the manufacturer also. They're may have been an issue with the batch...

Doesn't look as if it was batch from the Pics more like sliced pan :D Apologies couldn't resist

I would defo push it with the shop though. intrigued to see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

MugMugs wrote: »
    But Amber Leaf is wrapped in a plastic wrap with the papers just inside the same.

How would they have negotiated that?

I'm sure it could be opened without breaking the seal... At the bottom perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Maybe try purchase or insist on receiving a pouch sealed in plastic (not sure what brand, but some have this) or the boxed tobacco which always has sealed plastic covers.

Advertisement